Amref Finance and Administration Manager Jobs in Kenya
Amref Finance and Administration Manager Jobs in Kenya
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is lasting health change in Africa. Amref is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and
empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. For more on Amref Health Africa please visit www.amref.org.
Amref Health Africa in Kenya seeks a qualified candidate for the role of Finance and Administration Manager for the anticipated five-year (2022-2027) United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) Activity. The HSS project will work in partnership with the Ministry of Health (MOH), counties, and non-state actors to strengthen health systems in Kenya. The Finance
and Administration Manager reports to the Chief of Party and is based in Nairobi.
This position is contingent upon funding and selection of the final candidate will be subject to USAID approval The Finance and Administration Manager is responsible for overseeing budgets, financial planning & management, and operational activities for the HSS project. The Finance and Administration Manager brings strong financial and administrative skills, as well as a comprehensive understanding of USAID/United States Government financial and contractual requirements. The Finance and Administration Manager also brings a
strong understanding of local law and operating requirements in Kenya.
• Establish and maintain financial management and accounting control systems for program expenditures and support audits.
• Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of project pipelines report.
• Lead in the annual budget planning, periodical forecasting, modification and realignment as required.
• Ensure accurate recording of all financial transactions in Amref financial management system.
• Maintain effective timelines and quality control process for financial and operational deliverables and financial management processes.
• Review and process the recording of accounting activities (vouchers, journal entries, cash receipts, allocations) in appropriate systems to ensure accurate reporting.
• In collaboration with the technical team, prepare annual work plan budgets and provide ongoing management and monitoring throughout project implementation
• Develop and maintain a filing system for financial documents in readiness for audits or tax reporting purposes.
• Periodically assess the efficiency and effectiveness of finance and administration procedures in relation to the timely delivery of technical activities at an optimum cost.
• Support the COP in interpreting financial data for decision-making and effectively managing financial risks.
• Lead assessment of staff and subrecipients financial management capacity, ensure capacity strengthening on finance policies and regulations, as needed.
• Lead efforts to close audit financial management findings in a timely way.
• Establish and maintain internal financial and reporting control procedures to ensure compliance with Amref and USAID regulations
• Provide timely financial reporting with detailed Budget vs. Actuals
and by Component to Chief of Party (COP)
• Prepare quarterly expenditure reports, and burn rate projections.
• Develop annual, quarterly and ad-hoc financial plans and reports for the project as requested by Amref leadership and USAID.
• Prepare VAT reports and other reports as required
• Ensure statutory compliance with local laws and USAID rules and regulations and Amref policies and procedures relating to finance and administration.
• Advise and train employees on USAID contract and compliance topics, policies, and procedures.
Subaward and Vendor Management
• Lead preparation and oversight of procurement and subcontracts for the project, in accordance with USAID and Amref requirements.
• Lead assessment of subrecipients financial management capacity.
• Strengthen the capacity of subawards on compliance and finance policies and regulations, as needed.
• Negotiate and manage subawards & consulting agreements.
• Exercise due diligence and management of partner relationship.
Qualifications & Competencies
• Postgraduate level degree in Finance.
• 8 years of extensive experience in program management and finance/budget management and financial reporting with USAID-funded projects in Kenya;
• Familiarity with US Government (USG) Federal Acquisition Regulations and USG contracting rules is a plus.
• Knowledge of local law in taxation and local regulatory reporting procedures.
• Demonstrated skills and experience in financial management, accounting, USAID compliance, human
resources management, local labor law, and contracts management;
• Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with external strategic partners, donors, and stakeholders;
• Technical savvy and strong computer skills, IT systems familiarity;
• Demonstrated team and people management abilities with a focus on growing staff, mentoring and coaching junior professionals;
• A thoughtful systems thinker with grounded, pragmatic understanding of the complexities of our work;
• Full English fluency, full fluency in Kiswahili is a plus;
• Outstanding cross-cultural communication skills, including the ability to relate respectfully with staff at all levels, ages, genders, nationalities and orientations as well as across work areas;
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 20%.
• Familiarity with US Government regulations (e.g., Federal Acquisition Regulations and the Foreign Assistance Act).
• Demonstrated strong written and oral presentation skills.
• Demonstrated leadership of large and diverse teams.
• Demonstrated excellent management skills and ability to lead and motivate multidisciplinary, multicultural teams.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Amref Finance and Administration Manager Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.