Amref Deputy Chief of Party Jobs in Kenya
Amref Deputy Chief of Party Jobs in Kenya
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is lasting health change in Africa. Amref is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. For more on Amref Health Africa please visit www.amref.org
Amref Health Africa in Kenya seeks a qualified Deputy Chief of Party position for an upcoming USAID funded opportunity in Kenya, the Health Systems Strengthening Activity. The five-year activity will focus on strengthening health leadership and governance and strengthening health systems for quality and equitable service delivery. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. We are looking for individuals who are committed to exceeding expectations and who strive to improve the lives of people worldwide.
This position is contingent upon funding and selection of the final candidate will be subject to USAID approval Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Deputy Chief of Party will be responsible for providing leadership in technical and administrative aspects that ensure successful project implementation. This position will be responsible for offering oversight and supervision of senior technical staff and for ensuring the responsiveness and quality of work along with efficient use of resources and achievement of
• Upholds Amref values and exercises them throughout tenure on the project.
• Provides leadership and guidance on a results-oriented program strategy in coordination with
the project team and in consultation with USAID, other partners, and stakeholders.
• Provides leadership in the development of project work plans and budgets, ensuring integration and effective coordination and planning of technical activities.
• Ensures timely implementation of monitoring plans for project activities and that data required
for USAID performance benchmarks and results frameworks are produced.
• Offers leadership and guidance to teams and team leaders carrying out project activities.
• Provides quality assurance of all project activities and products.
• Master’s Degree (minimum) in Public Health, Medicine, or related field.
• 8 years (minimum) of relevant international health experience with a master’s degree.
• At least five years managing complex projects in the areas of health systems strengthening (human resources for health, financing, governance, supply chain and health commodity management, data for decision-making), in Kenya and/or East Africa.
• Demonstrated ability to help establish and maintain effective working relationships with USAID, ministry officials, and other development partners.
• Demonstrated experience supporting Ministry of Health in the delivery of quality health services
and strengthening the health system in Kenya and/or East Africa.
• Experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning initiatives within donor-funded projects
• Experience assessing, selecting, and managing sub-grantees highly preferred.
• Familiarity with US Government regulations (e.g., Federal Acquisition Regulations and the Foreign Assistance Act).
• Demonstrated strong written and oral presentation skills.
• Demonstrated leadership of large and diverse teams.
• Demonstrated excellent management skills and ability to lead and motivate multidisciplinary,
• Fluency in English.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Amref Deputy Chief of Party Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.