Ambulance Service Manager Jobs in Kenya
Ambulance Service Manager Jobs in Kenya
St. John Ambulance is a first aid and health charity organization incorporated in Kenya under the St. John Ambulance of Kenya Act, Cap. 259 of the laws of Kenya with mandates to provide emergency medical care and promote charitable works aimed at reducing human suffering, and to provide technical support to the medical services in the country among other functions. The Organization is looking for an Ambulance Service Manager to help in overall management of the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) department of the organization.
The Ambulance Service Manager is responsible for coordinating staff, scheduling, policy development, accreditation compliance, quality improvement, interagency response matters, trainings and direct patient care during shifts. They are ultimately responsible for staff and operations of the Ambulance Service department.
• Overall administration of the Ambulance Service department.
• Coordinate staffing within the department and oversee employee performance.
• Oversees emergency vehicles, medicine supplies, and equipment and their inspection and compliance.
• Serve as staff to and liaison with the training and Ambulance Service Committee that provides direction and input on the ambulance contract’s business, finance and performance.
• Oversee the administration of the Ambulance Service Local Agreement with municipalities.
• Oversight of ongoing ambulance contracts and implementing and/or changing contract provisions as required and within the law
• Develop and manage the Ambulance Service annual budgets through monitoring expenditures, possible future expenditures and potential donors and grant sources.
• Coordinate EMT students in liaison with the course coordinator as they undertake their clinical.
• In coordination with the HR, investigate complaints on contract performance issues.
• Ensure compliance with established rules, ordinances, and regulations
• Interact regularly with involved jurisdictions, boards committees, councils and the communication/ dispatch center to identify and resolve problems and seek appropriate creative solutions.
• Coordinate staff, scheduling, policy development, accreditation compliance, quality improvement, interagency
response matters, trainings and direct patient care during shifts.
• Advise the CEO on issues relating to Ambulance service department
• Recommend and develop program and policy change relating to Ambulance
• Answer any question and provide information to the public including letter writing, proposal development and making formal presentations.
• Application of Emergency Medical Services knowledge and expertise in program oversight including broad knowledge of up to date technology, regulations and laws.
• Develop and present related reports and proposals to the Ambulance Service Committee, management team, user agencies, vendors and other interested stake holders.
• Provide information and assistance to other departments, outside agencies, and the public on assigned functions.
• BSc in Nursing, Medical Sciences or related fields.
• Diploma in Nursing (KRN) or Clinical Medicine will also be considered.
• At least three years of relevant experience.
• Management experience and knowledge of medical emergency and evacuation will be an added advantage.
• Team player.
• People Person.
• Exhibit leadership qualities.
• Able to work under intense conditions.
• Empathetic and a committed to the growth of a team.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to send an application letter and curriculum vitae via email only quoting the job title on the email subject to
email@example.com by 21st October 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
St. John is an equal opportunity employer.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.