Alternate Doors Consulting Logistics Manager Jobs in Uganda
Alternate Doors Consulting Logistics Manager Jobs in UgandaJob Details Alternate Doors Consulting is a Human Resource Solutions Company offering Human Resource Consulting Services, Human Resource Automated Services, etc. Our client, a group of companies is currently looking to hire a Logistics Manager to be based in Uganda. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Liaising with various Group companies and internal departments for coordinating all logistic activities related to imports & export of the various Companies requirements.
• Liaising with Clearing Agents, Freight Forwarders, Shipping Lines and Port Authorities to ensure efficient and cost-effective logistics. import/export law and procedures; tariffs and duties; licenses and restrictions.
• Manage the movement of shipments in and/or out of the country following Uganda and East Africa foreign trade policy and organizational policy and procedure and to comply with relevant local, country and international law and processes. Manage the necessary documentation and online forms for the efficient, cost-effective, and lawful execution of all import/export activities.
• Monitoring all stages of the clearance process for timely releases and ensuring demurrage free clearance. On-time reply to queries raised by customs, URA/UNBS, and ensuring timely renewal of exemptions, Licenses, and returns.
• Interacting with government agencies like URA, UNBS, Customs for effective compliance duty and tax exemptions, remission schemes. Availing duty exemptions/incentives by obtaining necessary documents as per law from overseas suppliers/ revenue authorities/ shipping lines etc..
Qualifications and Skills
• The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics Management (or Procurement & Logistics). Additional qualifications specializing in Logistics and Import & Export are desirable/preferred.
• At least ten years of experience in export/ import documentation, customs documentation/ procedures, clearing and forwarding procedures, and logistics procedures.
• Broad knowledge and understanding of HSC as per EAC Customs Union Common External Tariff o manage pre and post-shipment activities.
• Wide Experience in working with URA/UNBS/CHAs/Freight Forwards/Shipping Lines.
• Ability & experience in handling a team of 10 people engaged in handling Sea/Air/Road shipments for a large Group.
• Should be well versed in operating computers and working knowledge of SAP is essential.
How to Apply
All candidates should send their updated CVs to
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.