Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT Research Associate Jobs in Uganda
Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT Research Associate Jobs in Uganda The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that hamess agricultural biodiversity and sustainable transform food systems to improve people's lives.
The Research Associate - Impact Assessment will work as a member of the Impact assessment team within PABRA team and support socio economics research of PABRA.
This includes studies aimed to assess adoption and impacts of improved bean technologies, market studies to evaluate preferences and demand for bean traits in the target countries where CIAT/PABRA projects are implemented.
The Research Assistant - Impact Assessment will contribute to the formulation of Research hypotheses to test, explain and disseminate results to relevant audiences with a view to enhancing the impact from PABRA projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the national teams during the collection of socioeconomic data for impact assessment of bean research and development interventions.
• Provide support for the econometric analysis of socioeconomic and impact assessment data to derive knowledge on bean production constraints and opportunities technology adoption and associated welfare outcomes for target populations
• Contribute to dissemination of research results and development of outcomes to stakeholders and publish approved research findings.
• Participate actively in annual project review, planning meetings and developing periodic impact assessment reports.
• Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s Degree in Agricultural Economics of related field
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience in a related position
• Good analytical and report writing skills
• Good understanding of the research methods for social sciences, processes and questionnaire development High level of computer skills, including knowledge of STATA statistical packages and programming for Computer assisted interviewing approaches
• Basic knowledge of econometric methods, basic statistics and
• software (e.g. Stata, SPSS etc.) for analysis of survey data. Knowledge of choice experiment based techniques of consumer demand is added advantage
• Possess good presentation and facilitation skills
• Must be able to learn new approaches and work independently with minimal supervision, but also participate as a team member in accomplishment of his/her duties.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Commitment to the Alliance's mission and core values.
Terms of Employment
This is a nationally recruited position based in Kampala, Uganda, the initial contract will be for a period of One (1) year, subject to probation period of three (3) months and is renewable depending on performance and availability of resources.
We offer a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits, we believe that the diversity of our staff contributes to excellence.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT Research Associate Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.