Al-Khair Foundation Administration & Finance Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Al-Khair Foundation Administration & Finance Assistant Jobs in KenyaRoles & Responsibilities
• Support the Finance Officer for preparing budgets and financial reports for reporting to Head office, partners or internal usage.
• Perform routine calculations to produce analysis and reports as requested by the finance officer.
• Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets whenever requested to do so.
• Report any troubling discoveries or suspicion of wrongdoing to the Country Director.
• Review project financial documentation for compliance—e.g. costs charged to specific project.
• Ensure field office compliance with financial management systems as per AKF and partners’ requirements, rules and regulations.
• Assist in monitoring project expenditure (burn rates) against the total award budget and against the work plan budget.
• Discuss project financial performance with the Programs Department.
• Work collaboratively with Finance Officer to review and oversee project budgets, forecasts, and financial reports for partners and AKF head office and actively contributing in the project risk reviews.
• Work closely with the Finance Officer and partners to resolve any financial related issues and following up on open points to ensure they are resolved.
• Travel to project sites to provide finance training to beneficiaries, Provide technical assistance to ensure proper financial management of awards and timely submission of required financial reports.
• Evaluating projects on Cost Benefits Analysis (CBA) and adhere to contract management.
• Assist in foreign exchange currency monitoring.
• Assist in processing and recording of payments on a daily basis, including verifying the accuracy of invoices and supporting documents.
• Assist the Finance Officer in compiling the Payroll for the AKF Kenya Staff and project staff and ensure submission of PAYE, NHIF and NSSF are done before deadlines to the relevant authorities.
• Assist in maintaining the security and accountability of the office petty cash.
• Assist in preparing for
internal and external audits and working closely with auditors and partners on auditing matters.
• Assist in undertaking HR roles e,g recruiting, performance appraisals, trainings etc
• Assist in undertaking procurement roles e.g Request for quotations, placing LPOs, preparing contracts etc
• Assist in undertaking administration roles e.g maintaining the asset register, ensuring that staff have a conducive working environment, office repairs & maintenance etc;Personal Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
• At least 2 years of experience in Finance or Accounting with humanitarian INGOs in Kenya
• Excellent customer-service skills
• Strong understanding of Kenya tax laws.
• High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
• Proficiency in accounting software particularly Quick books
• Excellent English language communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, and attention to detail
• Excellent organisational, planning and problem-solving skills
• High integrity and strong work ethics
• Satisfactory working relationships with people from diverse cultures across all levels of the organization.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of financial and other sensitive information.
• Capacity to work under pressure, prioritize multiple tasks, and meet tight deadlines.How to Apply If you qualify for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org before 6 pm, 22nd June 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!