ALIMA Nurse activity Manager Jobs in Nigeria
ALIMA Nurse activity Manager Jobs in NigeriaThe ALMA AssociationALIMA’S SPIRIT
ALIMA’s purpose is to save lives and provide care for the most vulnerable populations, without any discrimination based on identity, religion or politics, through actions based on proximity, innovation, and the alliance of organizations and individuals.
We act with humanity and impartiality in accordance with universal medical ethics.
To gain access to patients, we undertake to act in a neutral and independent manner.
Our CHARTER defines the VALUES and PRINCIPLES of our action:
Putting the Patient First
Revolutionizing humanitarian medicine
Responsibility and freedom
Improve the quality of our actions
Since its creation in 2009, ALIMA has treated more than 3 million patients and today deploys its operations in 11 African countries
In 2018 we developed 41 humanitarian medical response projects to meet the needs of populations affected by conflicts, epidemics and extreme poverty.
All of these projects are carried out in support to national authorities through nearly 330 health facilities (including 28 hospitals and 300 health facilities).
Whenever possible We work in partnership with local NGOs to ensure that our patients benefit from the best and most relevant expertise wherever it is, whether within their own country or in the rest of the world.
In addition, to improve the humanitarian response, We are carrying out operational and clinical research projects particularly in the field of the fight against malnutrition and hemorrhagic viral fevers.
more than 1800 people are currently working for ALIMA.
The field teams, closest to the patients, receive their support from coordination teams generally based in the countries’ capitals.
These receive support from the 3 desk teams and the emergency and opening team based at the operational headquarters in Dakar, Senegal.
The Paris and New York teams are actively working to raise funds and represent ALIMA.
The rest of the ALIMA Galaxy includes individuals and partner teams working on behalf of other organizations such as medical NGOs BEFEN, ALERT Health, SOS Doctors / KEEOGO, AMCP, research organizations PACCI and INSERM, Bordeaux or Copenhagen Universities, the INGO Solidarités International and many others.
The Nurse activity Manager will be based in Muna.
Mission and main activities
Scope of responsibilities and accountabilities
He/she participates in defining, planning, implementing and monitoring all care and nursing related activities in accordance with the project plan, ALIMA’s policies, approved guidelines and procedures.
He/she guarantees the quality of healthcare as well as coordinate human and materials related and resources in collaboration with UMTH (university of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital) management team in order to improve health conditions of the target population:
The Nursing Activity Manager reports directly to the Medref and maintains a close collaboration with the UMTH management team, MedRef and technical relation with the nurse supervisor and the project team to ensure smooth running of medical activities:
● Planning and organizing all nursing and related activities in ITFC (Triage, ICU, Acute phase, Transition phase, playing ground, etc.) and participating in the definition of periodic planning and update of its associated budget in order to efficiently maintain the continuity of a high quality healthcare.
● Coordinate the duty roster, shifts and on-calls of nursing staff. When needed, being responsible for scheduling duty rosters, shifts and on call of nursing staff.
● Oversee and monitor the rational use of medicines and the proper administration of treatments in step with ALIMA/MoH protocols.
● Oversee proper management of the ITFC drug store (inventory, orders, supervision of distribution).
● Participate in handling international orders for medicines and medical supplies.
● Ensure that all administrative procedures and documents (individual patient cards and registration book, discharge forms, transfer forms, etc.) and existing data management tools are used correctly
● Support the development and implementation of nursing protocols and standards
● Monitor adherence to hygiene procedures for materials (sterilization, waste disposal), rooms and equipment in general. Monitor adherence to universal measures for infection prevention control.
● Ensure that all necessary actions are well known in the event of needle stick injuries or contact with infectious body fluid by all staff (including non-medical staff).
● Supervise the national nurses’ activities, and all related activities in liaison with the different phases in ITFC so as to ensure good nursing practices and a high level of quality delivery throughout the facility
● Train, supervise and manage local nursing staff or community health providers, and all staff under his/her responsibility through activities such as recruitment, defining job descriptions, capacity-building, briefing/debriefing and evaluation of staff.
● Participate in the planning, implementation and organization of the training sessions of MoH staff in accordance of the project plan.
● Participate in the different meetings of management of the project (steering committee meetings, technical meetings…).
● Reporting to the line manager on any relevant information linked to nursing activities and participating in periodic reports according to guidelines.
● In close coordination with the HR department, planning and supervising the associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development and communication) of the nursing staff of the project in order to improve staff capabilities and ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
Perform any others duties as assigned by the organization through the head of the medical department.
ALIMA is a humanitarian organization involved in emergency programs.
All ALIMA staff must be flexible and willing to assist in ALIMA operations as and when required.
The Job description is subject to amendment depending on the ongoing requirements of the project.
Failure to respect the rules and responsibilities mentioned in this job description in the internal rules, or in the contract will be sanctioned.
Together with the employment contract and Intern regulations, this job description forms an integral part of the employment contract between ALIMA and the undersigned employee.
The job description has been understood and agreed to by the employee and hierarchical supervisor and signed below.
● Essential nursing diploma for general or specialized health services; specialization in nutrition or sexual and reproductive health would be an asset.
● Essential working experience of at least two years in nursing activities specialized either in nutrition or sexual and reproductive health.
● Essential working experience in related jobs in ALIMA or other NGOs developing countries.
● English is Essential; French and Hausa language would be an asset.
contract under French law, 3 months, renewable.
Travel costs between the employee’s country of origin and Abuja, Nigeria, unless recruited locally;
Five weeks annual leave per year as well as a recovery system for days spent on work travels;
School annual enrollment fees for children from 2 to 18, according to the ALIMA HQ policy;
Medical cover insurance including repatriation insurance for the employee and her/ his dependents, as per the definition of our insurer.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your CV and your answers to the following questions (which stands for a classical cover letter) on our job page before February 3, 2020:
Reference check: please indicate the names of 2 previous managers as well as 1 HQ HR contact.
N.B Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful.
Only full applications (CV pdf + answer to questions) will be taken into account. Only accepted applications will be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information and job application details, see; ALIMA Nurse activity Manager Jobs in Nigeria
Find Latest Jobs in Nigeria Today - Recruitment in Nigeria Job - Nigerian Jobs - in Nigeria - Job Vacancies in Nigeria
Search our career portal & find the latest Nigerian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Nigeria.
Jobs in Nigeria - banking jobs in Nigeria, IT jobs in Nigeria, accounting jobs in Nigeria, NGO jobsin Nigeria, business administration in Nigeria, ICT jobs in Nigeria, UN jobs in Nigeria, procurement jobs in Nigeria, education jobs in Nigeria, hospital jobs in Nigeria, human resources jobs in Nigeria, engineering jobs in Nigeria, teaching jobs in Nigeria, and other careers in Nigeria.
Oil and Gas job vacancies in Nigeria, MTN jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria for fresh graduates.
Federal government jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria Federal Civil Service.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Nigeria posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.