Aga Khan University Design Manager Jobs in Uganda
Aga Khan University Design Manager Jobs in Uganda Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, autonomous and self-governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents
Reporting to the Project Director, the Design Manager will assist the Project Director with managing projects in the Projects Office.
This will include design management of projects undertaken by an external Consultant team as well as the architectural design and management of projects undertaken in-house. .
Tasks and Responsibilities
• This will include project design, planning, ensuring adherence to the design schedule and specified technical and quality requirements.
• Lead in the production of schematic design, design development and construction documents in consultation with Users.
• Prepare project feasibilities and review documents for quality control evaluation to ensure optimal utilization of resources to achieve the organizational goals
• Review new projects for compliance with the master plan to ensure smooth integration of the project.
• Plan, coordinate and maintain project design schedules.
• Ensure close out documentation and project archives are completed.
• Attend regular meeting with clients, consultants, contractors and other, specialist to build strategic relationships with key stakeholders
• Lead the quality assurance team during construction
• Actively seek new design and construction methods.
• Oversees in-house construction phases of projects.
• Managing an in-house team and assigning tasks and responsibilities.
• Lead the quality assurance team during construction.
Education, Skills and Experience
• Applicants should have a Bachelor's degree in Architecture.
• Be eligible for registration with the Architects Registration Board of Uganda. Proficient in AutoCAD, REVIT and equivalent software.
• Have a minimum of 10 years work experience with a reputable organization, at least five years of which must be outside Uganda.
• Have evidence based experience of working through all architectural stages from concept design to construction execution and supervision.
How to Apply
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent by email to
email@example.com so as to reach not later than 27 March 2020.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.