Aga Khan University Accountant Jobs in Uganda
Aga Khan University Accountant Jobs in Uganda
Introduction Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, autonomous and self-governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents (www.aku.edu). An integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org), AKU provides higher education in several disciplines, carries out research pertinent to the countries and operates 7 hospitals (soon 8) and over 325 outreach clinics, all at international standards.
It has almost 2,500 students and 14,000 staff. The University is both a model of academic excellence and an agent of social change. As an international institution, AKU operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact and access.
The position will be based in the Aga Khan University Kampala, Uganda.
AKU invites applications for the following position;
Reporting to the Manager, Finance AKU, the Accountant will be responsible for maintaining all the accounting functions for AKU/AKHS - Uganda. Revenue accounting, receivable management, assist manager finance in internal and external audits, inventory management, fixed assets management, handle payables and payroll functions, handle statutory deductions and reports
• Ensure all revenues and expenses are accounted for correctly and accurately in the general ledger and timely payment of utility bills, rent and other creditors
• Maintaining supplier reconciliations and comparison with the statements from the suppliers
• Review of supplier documents to ensure all necessary documentation required before payments is attached including the GRN, LPO, Delivery note and invoice.
• Prepare payments for locum and specialists in accordance with fee notes and locum hours approved by the manager including cheque payments for suppliers and preparation of monthly payroll
• Petty cash management and preparation of monthly bank reconciliations and ensure these are signed off.
• Liquidity management to ensure we have adequate cash to pay liabilities as and when they fall due.
• Prepare inter unit reconciliations and ensure that these are signed off every month
Revenues & receivables management
• Post sales transactions into the accounting system and reconcile the accounts with front end system.
• Reconcile the cash and credit card control accounts daily and ensure any discrepancies are dealt with promptly.
• Ensuring that corporate requirements are adhered to while processing and dispatching invoices.
• Preparation of Tracksol and Smart reports for submission with claim forms
• Analyze the reasons for returns/rejections, review gaps and address the root causes of rejections.
• Receipt and allocate cheques received from corporates and individuals against invoices /claims.
• Follow up on remittance advice and
schedules from clients for outstanding credits in their account.
• Follow up on payments from Corporate clients and Reconciliation of corporate client accounts on a regular basis .
• Preparation of monthly reports including ageing reports and reconciliation with various corporate. clients
Fixed Assets management
• Carry out period asset verification and ensure that the FAR matches with the general ledger.
• Tagging of all assets and ensuring the sign off of asset transfer forms if assets are to be moved.
• Putting up all new assets for insurance.
• Carry out periodic stock take and prepare stock take reports; prepare variance reports and stock take reports within agreed time limes after stock take.
• Follow up with pharm techs on the expired drugs to ensure that condemnation is done and expired drugs are removed from stock.
Statutory deductions & reports
• Prepare VAT refund claims on the URA Portal, submit VAT refund claim, submit supporting document to URA and follow up on payments from URA and follow up on queries if any.
• WHT: Preparation of WHT schedules and payments and processing of Tax Credit certificates.
• Deduct PAYE and submit to URA while ensuring all deadlines are met.
• Prepare audit schedules and ensure these are ready for annual audits.
• Preparations of draft statutory and management accounts.
• Retrieve files for review by auditors as may be requested by the audit team.
• Respond to audit queries asked by the auditors during the field audit.
Any Other duties as may be required.
Professional training ACCA / CPA finalist or equivalent.
Bachelor Degree in Accounting and Finance is an added advantage.
Over 3 years of professional experience.
Excellent computer accounting skills.
Excellent understanding and application of International Accounting standards (IAS) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Technical skills in accounting applications and MS Office.
Excellent in conceptual skills.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Aga Khan University Accountant Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.