Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya Science (Biology, Chemistry or Physics specialism) Teacher Jobs
Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya Science (Biology, Chemistry or Physics specialism) Teacher JobsJob Details The Aga Khan Academy Nairobi is operated by Aga Khan Education Service Kenya (AKESK), a non-profit organization, with close to a hundred years’ experience operating schools in Kenya. Our first formal schools were opened in 1918, and AKESK currently operates 11 schools in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu and Eldoret, serving close to 5,000 students with a quality, affordable education.
The Aga Khan Education Services, Kenya (AKESK) operates 11 schools in various cities in Kenya and provides Nursery to Senior Secondary Education in both the National and International curricula. It is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
The Aga Khan Academy Nairobi, Senior School
The Senior School of the Aga Khan Academy, Nairobi is an IB World School that offers holistic education for students in Grades 6-12, combining academic rigor within the broad and challenging curriculum with a wide range of co-curricular activities. The School offers the IB Middle Years Programme in Grades 6-10, and the IB Diploma Programme in Grades 11 and 12. More information about the IBMYP and the IBDP can be found at https://www.ibo.org/
The teachers will report to their respective Heads of Department and work closely with their colleagues to facilitate high quality and inspiring learning that enables all students to reach their individual potential.
The Academy welcomes applications from enthusiastic and professional educators who are dedicated to student-centered and inquiry-based teaching and learning for the following position above. .
Key Responsibilities of AKAN Teachers
• Collaboratively plan units of study designed for maximizing learning for all students
• Deliver effective, differentiated and inquiry-based lessons in a friendly and supportive atmosphere
• Create a safe and conducive environment in which the students can learn and thrive
• Use varied, adequate assessments, including formative and summative assessment in line with the IBO requirements
• Engage parents regularly and effectively in the education of their children
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the relevant subject and modern pedagogy
• Accurately evaluate and comment on both the ability and developmental potential of each student
• Effectively communicate with students, colleagues and parents, including through email and the school information system
• Demonstrate an experience of high professional values and practices
• Show profound commitment to ongoing professional growth and take on responsibility for fulfilling the vision and philosophy of the Aga Khan Academy, Nairobi
• Bachelor’s degree in Education (B.Ed.) in the respective fields
• Teaching experience, especially in the IB programmes or other international curricula
• Teachers Service Commission Certification
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya Science (Biology, Chemistry or Physics specialism) Teacher Jobs
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.