African Union Secretary to the Commission Jobs in Ethiopia
African Union Secretary to the Commission Jobs in Ethiopia
Purpose of Job To provide strategic direction and leadership in managing the operations of the Medical and Health Services Directorate in order to achieve the AU strategic objectives and goals.
• Develops and executes the overall strategy for the Directorate and ensures alignment with overall organizational strategy;
• Manages and supervises employees within the directorate, ensures the timely delivery of the directorate’s goals and effective staff performance evaluation;
• Drives the implementation and monitoring of policies, strategies and programs to contribute to the effective implementation of relevant AU Policy Organs Decisions;
• Ensures the delivery of the directorate’s annual targets in line with the organization’s overall goals and maintains robust departmental monitoring and evaluation systems;
• Provides technical leadership and ensures efficient functioning of all Divisions within the directorate;
• Manages the work of the Directorate and supervises direct reports to ensure their effective performance in line with the organization’s performance management policy and system;
• Leads the directorate and ensures effective management of personnel, budget, performance, program quality, employee relations matters and training in conformity with relevant rules, policies and procedures;
• Builds and maintains good working relations and collaboration with other Directorates/Departments;
• Develops and maintains regular working relations with senior stakeholders in Member State and partner institution;
• Coordinates meetings between the organization and relevant partners;
• Ensures the preparation of periodic financial and budget execution reports and other reports;
• Ensures the effective management of funds contributed to the organization;
• Implements and maintains thematic partnerships in support of the mandate of the Directorate;
• Develops and oversees policy development and guidelines in line with the organization’s legal framework;
• Designs policies consistent with the AU’s strategic goals and mandate in order to address the pertinent issues in the relevant area;
• Prepares and oversees integrated programs, projects and overall activities of the organization.
• Maintains a positive work environment that facilitates collaboration and information sharing and is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating diverse talent.
• Develops and maintains standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for the Directorate
• Manages risks, develops mitigation measures and ensures business continuity of the directorate
• Serves as the Commission’s focal point for relations and communications with Member States and the Union Organs and ensures smooth relations between the Commission and all Union Organs.
• Serves as the Secretariat of the Commission, with respect to planning, managing and servicing statutory meetings and the Union’s Policy Organs, the Permanent Representatives Committee and Commission meetings.
• Assists the Chairperson of the Commission in monitoring the implementation of the Decisions of the Union’s Policy Organs.
• Serves as the institutional memory Office for the Commission and other Organs of the AU
• Establishes a horizontal link between Departments and Directorates for smooth, consistent and effective implementation of AU decisions.
• Ensures that all documentation for the meetings and
the work of the Policy Organs are properly prepared, in line with the vision and mission of the Union, are duly processed and dispatched in a timely manner to Member States.
• Ensures that the outcomes of meetings, such as decisions and reports are properly finalized, and disseminated on time to Member States.
• Ensures that those documents are properly stored and accessible at any time and to manage a Databank of documentation of the Union.
• Performs any other relevant duties, as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
Master’s degree in Political Science, Law, Diplomacy, International Relations Public Administration, or in related field with at least fifteen (15) years experience in progressively responsible positions, with eight (8) years at a senior management level out of which five (5) years should be in a supervisory role.
Proven experience in facilitating national or intergovernmental decision-making processes
• Ability to use strong managerial delegation, political tact and supervisory skills to achieve documented objectives
• Ability to work effectively with people from various backgrounds and create an environment where diversity is respected
• Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with top level stakeholders
• Ability to identify key strategic opportunities and risks
• Ability to actively seek, identify and apply appropriate technology to improve programme delivery
• Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development
• Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese and Spanish) fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
• Managerial delegation, political tact and supervisory skills to achieve documented objectives.
• Ability to work effectively with people from various backgrounds and create an environment where diversity is respected.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with top level stakeholders.
• Ability to identify key strategic opportunities and risks.
• Ability to actively seek, identify and apply appropriate technology to improve program delivery.
• Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
Communicating with impact
Conceptual Thinking and Problem Solving
Drive for Results
Innovation and taking initiative
How to apply
For more information and job application details, see; African Union Secretary to the Commission Jobs in Ethiopia
Find daily jobs in Ethiopia. Jobs - Ethiopia jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ethiopian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Ethiopia.
Jobs in Ethiopia - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Ethiopia.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Ethiopia posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.