African Union Director of Protocol Jobs in Ethiopia
African Union Director of Protocol Jobs in Ethiopia
Purpose of Job To provide strategic direction and leadership in managing the operations of the Protocol Services Directorate in order to achieve the AU strategic objectives and goals.
• Develops and executes the overall strategy for the Directorate and ensures alignment with overall organizational strategy;
• Manages and supervises employees within the Directorate, ensures the timely delivery of the Directorate’s goals and effective staff performance evaluation;
• Drives the implementation and monitoring of policies, strategies and programs to contribute to the effective implementation of relevant AU Policy Organs Decisions;
• Ensures the delivery of the Directorate’s annual targets in line with the organization’s overall goals and maintains robust departmental monitoring and evaluation systems;
• Provides technical leadership and ensures efficient functioning of all Divisions within the Directorate;
• Manages the work of the Directorate and supervises direct reports to ensure their effective performance in line with the organization’s performance management policy and system;
• Leads the Directorate and ensures effective management of personnel, budget, performance, program quality, employee relations matters and training in conformity with relevant rules, policies and procedures;
• Builds and maintains good working relations and collaboration with other Directorates/Departments;
• Develops and maintains regular working relations with senior stakeholders in Member State and partner institution;
• Coordinates meetings between the organization and relevant partners;
• Ensures the preparation of periodic financial and budget execution reports and other reports;
• Ensures the effective management of funds contributed to the organization, attributed to the Directorate;
• Implements and Maintains thematic partnerships in support of the mandate of the Directorate;
• Develops and oversees policy development and guidelines in line with the organization’s legal framework;
• Designs policies consistent with the AU’s strategic goals and mandate in order to address the pertinent issues in the relevant area;
• Prepares and oversees integrated programs, projects and overall activities of the organization.
• Maintains a positive work environment that facilitates collaboration and information sharing and is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating diverse talent.
• Develops and maintains standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for the Directorate.
• Manages risks, develops mitigation measures and ensures business continuity of the Directorate.
• Builds and maintains a strategic plan to form good working relations with other Organizations;
• Develops and maintains rules and procedures relating to practices and services, including the issuance of Certificates of Merit for departing PRC Members;
• Manages all protocol related matters, resources and activities of the Commission;
• Overall supervision of the Protocol Directorate and dealing with policy matters with host government, foreign embassies and international Organizations;
• Advises the Commission on all matters of protocol and ensure that existing international practices regarding diplomatic protocol at ceremonies and public functions as well as forms of communication are adhered to;
• Communicates protocol rules and procedures to
staff of the Commission;
• Supervises the preparation and organization of official functions and ensure that the conduct of ceremonies, official programmes, and functions are appropriately carried out;
• Coordinates and follows up appointments of the Chairperson of the Commission for all public functions and ceremonies such as visits of Dignitaries, presentation of Letters of Credence by newly appointed Ambassadors to the AU.
• Ensures that necessary arrangements for settlements of newly recruited staff members are made and assistance provided for securing accommodation and completing all residence formalities with host country authorities and institutions;
• Periodic review of the Protocol Manual;
• Oversees and approves issuance of AU Passport;
• Prepares the Programme Budget of the Directorate and oversee programme implementation and budget execution;
• Ensures the full implementation of the Headquarters Agreement by the Host Government, or entice re-negotiations in case of obsolete articles of these Agreement;
• Ensures the use of high diplomatic standards in the Organisation’s interaction with Dignitaries and other International Organisation;
• Ensures high standard logistical organisation of summits and other conferences held at or outside the Headquarters;
• Contributes to the popularisation of the African Union as well as the implementation of Agenda 2063;
• Managess all activities related to visits of dignitaries, functions and programmes;
• Performs any other related duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
A Master’s degree in Public Relations, International Relations, Political Science or Diplomacy or a related field with fifteen (15) years of relevant work experience of which eight (8) years must be at the managerial level and five (5) years at supervisory level.
• Leadership and management skills
• Communication, report writing and presentation skills
• Negotiation and Interpersonal skills
• Research and analytical skills
• Knowledge and working understanding of AU policies, strategies and work processes.
• Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office suite and AU computer programmes
• Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage;
Communicating with impact
Conceptual Thinking and Problem Solving
Drive for Results
Innovation and taking initiative
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; African Union Director of Protocol Jobs in Ethiopia
Find daily jobs in Ethiopia. Jobs - Ethiopia jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ethiopian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Ethiopia.
Jobs in Ethiopia - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Ethiopia.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Ethiopia posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.