African Union Director of Finance Jobs in Ethiopia
African Union Director of Finance Jobs in Ethiopia
Purpose of Job To provide strategic direction and leadership in managing the operations of the Finance Directorate in order to achieve the AU strategic objectives and goals.
• Develops and executes the overall strategy for the Directorate and ensures alignment with overall organizational strategy;
• Manages and supervises employees within the directorate, ensures the timely delivery of the directorate’s goals and effective staff performance evaluation;
• Drives the implementation and monitoring of policies, strategies and programs to contribute to the effective implementation of relevant AU Policy Organs Decisions;
• Ensures the delivery of the directorate’s annual targets in line with the organization’s overall goals and maintains robust departmental monitoring and evaluation systems;
• Provides technical leadership and ensures efficient functioning of all Divisions within the Directorate;
• Manages the work of the Directorate and supervises direct reports to ensure their effective performance in line with the organization’s performance management policy and system;
• Leads the Directorate and ensures effective management of personnel, budget, performance, program quality, employee relations matters and training in conformity with relevant rules, policies and procedures;
• Builds and maintains good working relations and collaboration with other directorates/departments;
• Develops and maintains regular working relations with senior stakeholders in Member State and partner institution;
• Coordinates meetings between the organization and relevant partners;
• Ensures the preparation of periodic financial and budget execution reports and other reports;
• Ensures the effective management of funds contributed to the organization;
• Implements and maintains thematic partnerships in support of the mandate of the Directorate;
• Develops and oversees policy development and guidelines in line with the organization’s legal framework;
• Designs policies consistent with the AU’s strategic goals and mandate in order to address the pertinent issues in the relevant area;
• Prepares and oversees integrated programs, projects and overall activities of the organization.
• Maintains a positive work environment that facilitates collaboration and information sharing and is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating diverse talent.
• Develops and maintains standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for the Directorate.
• Manages risks, develops mitigation measures and ensures business continuity of the Directorate.
• Develops and implements effective, responsive and efficient financial and budgetary strategies, policies and management systems, as per the international accounting standards
• Plans, develops and implement Financial Accounting policies and policy to execute budgetary programmes, Rules, Regulations and Procedures;
• Collects and manages statutory and other funds contributed to the African Union;
• Ensures inter-departmental coordination in programming and the budgetary process;
• Assess the efficiency and effectiveness of programmes in realizing organizational goals and objectives;
• Promotes sound financial management by ensuring adherence and compliance with International Public Sector accounting standards (IPSAS), the AU Financial Rules and Regulations, Policies, Systems and Procedures;
• Seeks continuous improvement and cost effectiveness in the delivery of services;
• Provides accurate, reliable and timely accounts of
the Union and professional and strategic advice to Member States and internal stakeholders;
• Advises the Deputy Chairperson on policy and strategy matters and assists in developing financial management policies, programming guidelines; accounting system, budgeting guidelines and assets safeguard systems;
• Prepares the programme budget of the Commission and follows up its implementation;
• Organizes coordination meetings on programming and budgeting;
• Initiates, manages and implement financial policies;
• Promotes awareness of best practices in financial management and internal financial control systems;
• Controls budget execution and process payments;
• Invests excess liquidity as authorized;
• Facilitates the conduct of external audit;
• Ensures effective implementation of Financial Rules and Regulations;
• Ensures safe custody of all liquid Assets of the Union;
• Ensures prompt recovery of all receivables owed to the Union;
• Produces periodic financial and budget execution reports and annual financial statements and other specific mission reports, in accordance with Financial Rules and Regulations;
• Develops, maintains financial and accounting rules and procedures;
• Performs any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• A Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with fifteen (15) years of relevant work experience in Accounting, Finance, Auditing or Financial Management out of which eight (8) years at managerial level and five (5) years at supervisory level .
• Membership of an internationally recognized professional accounting body (CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA, Expert Comptable) is mandatory.
• Relevant specialist professional qualifications are an added advantage.
• Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS);
• Ability to develop multi-annual plans and budgets based on Result Based Management;
• Communication and reporting skills with internal and external stakeholders;
• Computer literacy - knowledge of major accounting systems especially SAP - ERP shall be an advantage
• Interpersonal skills and ability to organize and motivate others and to work in a multi-cultural environment;
• Drafting and reporting skills;
• Planning and organizational skills;
• Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
Communicating with impact
Conceptual Thinking and Problem Solving
Drive for Results
Innovation and taking initiative
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; African Union Director Conflict Management Jobs in Ethiopia
Find daily jobs in Ethiopia. Jobs - Ethiopia jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ethiopian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Ethiopia.
Jobs in Ethiopia - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Ethiopia.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Ethiopia posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.