African Union Director Infrastructure and Energy Jobs in Ethiopia
African Union Director Infrastructure and Energy Jobs in Ethiopia
Purpose of Job To provide strategic direction and leadership in managing the operations of the Medical and Health Services Directorate in order to achieve the AU strategic objectives and goals.
• Develops and executes the overall strategy for the Directorate and ensures alignment with overall organizational strategy;
• Manages and supervises employees within the directorate, ensures the timely delivery of the directorate’s goals and effective staff performance evaluation;
• Drives the implementation and monitoring of policies, strategies and programs to contribute to the effective implementation of relevant AU Policy Organs Decisions;
• Ensures the delivery of the directorate’s annual targets in line with the organization’s overall goals and maintains robust departmental monitoring and evaluation systems;
• Provides technical leadership and ensures efficient functioning of all Divisions within the directorate;
• Manages the work of the Directorate and supervises direct reports to ensure their effective performance in line with the organization’s performance management policy and system;
• Leads the directorate and ensures effective management of personnel, budget, performance, program quality, employee relations matters and training in conformity with relevant rules, policies and procedures;
• Builds and maintains good working relations and collaboration with other Directorates/Departments;
• Develops and maintains regular working relations with senior stakeholders in Member State and partner institution;
• Coordinates meetings between the organization and relevant partners;
• Ensures the preparation of periodic financial and budget execution reports and other reports;
• Ensures the effective management of funds contributed to the organization;
• Implements and maintains thematic partnerships in support of the mandate of the Directorate;
• Develops and oversees policy development and guidelines in line with the organization’s legal framework;
• Designs policies consistent with the AU’s strategic goals and mandate in order to address the pertinent issues in the relevant area;
• Prepares and oversees integrated programs, projects and overall activities of the organization.
• Maintains a positive work environment that facilitates collaboration and information sharing and is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating diverse talent.
• Develops and maintains standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for the Directorate
• Manages risks, develops mitigation measures and ensures business continuity of the directorate
• Advises the Commissioner on policy and strategy matters and assist in developing and supervising work programs and in developing partnership relations; .
• Prepares and implements plans of action and programs of activities of the Department;
• Provides technical guidance and ensure efficient functioning of supervised Divisions and specialized technical committees and sub-committees on transport, communications, tourism and energy sectors;
• Organizes, coordinate and ensure the implementation of plans of action and programs and activities of the Department;
• Builds good working relations with other Departments/Directorates/Offices of the Commission and the African Commission on Energy;
• Develops and maintains appropriate working relations with partners of
the African Union, in the field of transport, communication, tourism and energy;
• Promotes best practices and appropriate working systems;
• Exercises overall management of the Department: personnel, budget, performance, quality, discipline and training in conformity with relevant rules and procedures in force;
• Produces and submits periodic reports of activities and specific missions;
• Coordinates the elaboration of policies related to Energy, transport and ICT sectors
• Oversees the implementation of 4 flagship projects under the mandate of the Department (INGA project, PAEN, SAATM, HST)
• Actively participates in resource mobilisation related to sectors under IED responsibility
• Represents AUC in international discussion related to sectors under IED responsibility and ensure that AU interest are well taken
• Oversees the harmonization of all sectorial policies with RECs
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
• Ability to use strong managerial delegation, political tact and supervisory skills to achieve documented objectives
• Ability to work effectively with people from various backgrounds and create an environment where diversity is respected
• Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with top level stakeholders
• Ability to identify key strategic opportunities and risks
• Ability to actively seek, identify and apply appropriate technology to improve programme delivery
• Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development
• Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese and Spanish) fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
• Managerial delegation, political tact and supervisory skills to achieve documented objectives.
• Ability to work effectively with people from various backgrounds and create an environment where diversity is respected.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with top level stakeholders.
• Ability to identify key strategic opportunities and risks.
• Ability to actively seek, identify and apply appropriate technology to improve program delivery.
• Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
Communicating with impact
Conceptual Thinking and Problem Solving
Drive for Results
Innovation and taking initiative
How to apply
For more information and job application details, see; African Union Director Infrastructure and Energy Jobs in Ethiopia
Find daily jobs in Ethiopia. Jobs - Ethiopia jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ethiopian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Ethiopia.
Jobs in Ethiopia - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Ethiopia.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Ethiopia posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.