African Community Centre for Education and Social Sustainability Project Manager Jobs in Uganda
African Community Centre for Education and Social Sustainability Project Manager Jobs in Uganda Job DetailsACCESS is a community-based organization in Nakaseke, Uganda founded on the belief that everyone has a right to a healthy life.
We also believe that empowering community members through health and education creates lasting change that is owned by the entire community.
We are engaging local leaders and cultivating new leaders through our programs focused on
• Support for vulnerable primary school children and their families through income generating projects, and subsidized school fees
• Educational opportunities in healthcare for young adults at The Health Training Institute
• Access to clinical and community-based healthcare through our clinic and outreach programs using community health workers
• Community based research to generate new scientific approaches to health-related challenges.
The ACCESS-EKFS grant is a 3- year grant aimed at developing the research, clinical and educational capacity on NCDs in the rural areas of Nakaseke.
Ensure proper delivery of the ACCESS-EKFS project goals .
Duties And Responsibilities
Provide strategic Leadership and oversee the implementation of the ACCESS-EKFS project
• Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence in NCD clinics and community-based activities.
• Set timelines and manage resource for project goals Support development of Research, clinical and medical education protocols and SOPs
• Lead, mentor, develop, and retain a high-performance staff on the Project
• Ensure proper stewardship for the EKFS and other research partner resources.
Communications and Research project progress
• Set up regular calls for the EKFS management Maintain a database of participants, patients and staff
• Maintain and develop communication and collaboration with local, district and national government leaders to facilitate EKFS programs
• and integration into the public health sector and MOH level Hold regular meetings with NCD clinic leads, VHTs, Clinicians and project team members
• Oversee the NCD training of clinicians, researchers, VHTs, local and
• international global health students Account for the performance of the Organization against plan by documenting and presenting periodic performance reports
• Support development of research protocols and SOPs
• Ensure proper implementation of all study protocols across the three NCD clinics and the community level
• Maintain all research correspondence with IRBs and UNCST and ensure that all site studies meet professional and ethical standards at all times.
• Oversee implementation of studies and provide regular well written monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• Look out for other grants to supplement current EKFS work on NCDs at ACCESS Participate in writing up drafts for publication and maintain the EMR study system with the biostatistician.
• Monitor NCD clinic (s) outputs on a monthly basis using the EMR system Set up a CaCx screening program and ensure proper follow up
• Monitor VHT outputs and give detailed report per month Participate and guide patient care and international student training for ACCESS
• Monitor budgetary reconciliations on a monthly basis Set up data base for all EKFS grant activities
• Liaise with District and MOH leadership on dissemination of new
• findings Prepare end of project reports
• Set up and support a community advisory board
Special Skills And Attributes
• The jobholders should express Strong research and clinical acumen with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
• A high degree of maturity that portrays the good image of ACCESS in all ways
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people across international borders
• Should have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Should be quick at decision making
• Possess an admirable demeanour that influences behaviour in a multi-disciplinary team
• Have excellent negotiation and networking capabilities
• Should be assertive and emotionally intelligent
• Should express resilience and commitment to work
• Ability to prepare analytical reports and make convincing presentations
• Ability to coach, mentor and guide a team of senior leaders under supervision
• Should have a track record of impeccable integrityAcademic Qualification
• A Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Nursing or public health
• A master’s Degree in Public Health, Management, epidemiology or a related field is added advantage
• Training in research leadership]
• Three (3) years of work experience in Health and two (2) of which should have been in Research or clinical care.
• Experience in conducting clinical studies
• Working in remote areas is added advantage
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; African Community Centre for Education and Social Sustainability Project Manager Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.