ActionAid Social Movements Inspirator-Nebbi Jobs in Uganda
ActionAid Social Movements Inspirator-Nebbi Jobs in UgandaJob Role: Organise young people in COVID 19 response committees in their local areas so as to advocate for better service delivery, raise awareness and reduce misinformation about the pandemic..
Key Result Areas and Activity
3 youth groups established and are conducting initiatives against COVID19.
• Support establishment of local youth groups as the coordinating body for local youth action on covid-19 in the local area.
At least 1 monthly strategic engagement with government and other NGOs completed.
• Support Strategic engagements with government authorities and other NGO/CSO with focus on coordination of COVID19 response in the communities
Number of cases documented and submitted to district leaders to inform next cause of action.
• Support documentation of shrinking space due to restriction put in place by authorities due to covid-19
3 community structures, 5 local organisations, 3 youth groups and 3 women’s rights organisations reached and have knowledge to help them overcome COVID19 and its impact
• Engage community structures to reach all community members such as religious leaders, local organisations, youth organisations, women s rights organisations
3 Online awareness campaigns conducted that help stop misinformation about COVID 19
• Support GP Uganda Online awareness campaigns on COVID19
• University Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, or equivalent from a recognized institution; a post graduate qualification in any of the above disciplines will be an added advantage
• At least 1-2 years of relevant working experience from a recognized institution, preferably an NGO
• Planning and Budgeting skills; Capacity building skills; Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills; Community mobilization and facilitation skills; Team player; Confidence, openness and willingness to learn; Self-driven; Ability to work in community setting
How to Apply
Applications should be strictly sent by email to
Vacancies.Uganda@actionaid.org clearly addressed to The Director Human Resource/Organizational Effectiveness, ActionAid Uganda, not later than Friday 26th June 2020 by 1:00 PM.
We will respond to ONLY shortlisted candidates.
Whilst all applications will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified WOMEN are especially encouraged to apply.
ActionAid International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.