ActionAid Advocacy Inspirator Jobs in Uganda
ActionAid Advocacy Inspirator Jobs in UgandaJob Role: To build policy capacity of partners in policy analysis and the writing of position statements including networking and lobbying.
Key Result Areas and Activity
Mobilising young leaders (Activista) to reclaim power over the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Supporting young people to work with communities, local governments and health workers to plan, prevent and respond to the pandemic.
• Supporting young people to fight the misinformation by policing fake news and sharing correct information to save lives.
• Supporting young people to collect insights on how communities are responding to and coping with COVID-19.
Support online discussions with young people to build resilience and support the recovery of their communities from the harmful implications of the virus
• Supporting people to overcome challenges to their livelihoods, education and sexual rights, the prospect of poverty, and to counter violence in communities
COVID19 related accountability and advocacy initiatives completed
• Support health sector budget analysis for engagement with district authorities
4 community structures, 2 local organisations, 5 youth groups and 3 women’s rights organisations reached and have knowledge to help them overcome COVID19 and its impact
• Support awareness raising in community structures to reach all community members such as religious leaders, local organisations, youth organisations, women s rights organisations
• University Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, or equivalent from a recognized institution; a post graduate qualification in any of the above disciplines will be an added advantage
• At least 1-2 years of relevant working experience from a recognized institution, preferably an NGO
• Planning and Budgeting skills; Capacity building skills; Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills; Community mobilization and facilitation skills; Team player; Confidence, openness and willingness to learn; Self-driven; Ability to work in community setting.
How to Apply
Applications should be strictly sent by email to
Vacancies.Uganda@actionaid.org clearly addressed to The Director Human Resource/Organizational Effectiveness, ActionAid Uganda, not later than Friday 26th June 2020 by 1:00 PM.
We will respond to ONLY shortlisted candidates.
Whilst all applications will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified WOMEN are especially encouraged to apply.
ActionAid International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.