ACTED Project Officer Jobs in Uganda
ACTED Project Officer Jobs in Uganda
Job DetailsACTED, formerly 'Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development', is a French humanitarian NGO established in 1993.
It is a non-governmental, non-political and non-profit organization committed to supporting vulnerable populations around the world
Under the guidance of the line manager, the Project Officer will perform overall project management of all interventions of ACTED Uganda in Karamoja.
He/she will provide oversight and ensure the smooth implementation of all Karamoja project activities; supervise the field project team and prepare written materials and progress reports on the Project field activities.
He/she contributes to effective and timely completion of the Project activities, delivery of quality outputs and achievement of outcomes with maximum impact for beneficiaries.
He/she works closely with the field team and ensures timely reporting to the Base Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare the work plans and time schedules for implementing the project activities;
• Support the identification and planning of technical skills and requirements to implement the project as per relevant standards.
Project Implementation Follow-up
• Coordinate and implement day to day WASH and permaculture activities with stakeholders in the field ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project(s) implementation;
• Ensure project activities are on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts;
• Assist in trouble-shooting any unforeseen challenges during the project implementation;
• Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to the Base Manager and other team members;
• Deliver community trainings on permaculture with field officers and maintain community engagement;
• Follow-up on project implementation and procurement where needed;
Documenting and Compliance
• Keep record of all relevant project activity documents, in particular beneficiary list, completion certificates, attendance sheets, etc.;
• Help maintaining a beneficiary master database containing all beneficiary registration and baseline information as well as the project activities from which the beneficiaries benefitted and ensure the data is protected from misuse in line with ACTED’s data protection policy;
• Ensure staff awareness of, and respect of, ACTED’s code of conduct, FLATS procedures and donor requirements.
• Ensure that the capital office is up-to-date with project status/challenges/developments;
• Ensure weekly reports to capital office and when needed;
Beneficiary Engagement and Accountability
• Adhere to ACTED’s Code of Conduct and treat all beneficiaries with respect and without any distinction or discrimination based on nationality, race, ethnicity, tribe, gender, religious beliefs, political opinion or disability;
• Work with the local stake holders to select the beneficiaries benefitting from project activities;
• Communicate ACTED’s Complaints and Response Mechanism to target communities and participate in solving complaints related to the project in coordination with the Base Manager.
• Participate in project coordination meetings as and when required.
External Coordination and Stakeholder
• Undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation;
• Cultivate good relations with key humanitarian actors – local and international, including government authorities and non-state actors, through regular attendance at technical meetings and bilateral meetings;
• Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure ACTED activities build upon - rather than replicate - the work of others.
• Ensure that each member of the Karamoja team is aware of security issues, policies, SOPs and they follow them accordingly.
• Ensure program and support staff undertake their duties and abide by HR policies
• Ensure that field staff understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities;
• Follow-up the work plans and day-to-day activities of the field staff;
• Manage the project staff in coordination with the HR and Base Manager;
• Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics among the Karamoja staff;
• Ensure capacity building among staff in WASH.
• Contribute to the development of procurement plans;
• Send accurate and precise order forms in a timely manner;
• Ensure a proper management and use of the project assets and stocks;
• Plan WASH team movements based on available fleet and applicable policies in close coordination with the Logistics Manager
• Forecast monthly cash requirements for the Project activities and timely submit to the Finance Manager for on time cash transfers
• Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
• Undertake regular field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regularly monitor the progress of the project activities;
• Document lessons learned and best practices and share them with the Base Manager so they can be reflected in project planning and decision making.
• Ensure adherence to donor procedures by project staff;
• Support the Base Manager in the preparation of progress and final reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information for sector activities
• Participate in communication of activities through the regular collection of pictures and stories related to project activities;
• Participate in new proposal development processes through the provision of expert programmatic advice related to contextual knowledge.
• Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labours etc.).
• Offer technical support and inputs to other projects in similar sectors if any
• Any other tasks as assigned by the Line Manager.
Job Qualifications and Experience
• Excellent academic qualifications, including a Bachelor degree in Development Studies, Agriculture, Water and Sanitation or relevant discipline;
• Minimum of 2-3 years of experience working in INGOs/projects, or a related field;
• Proven experience in sustainable agriculture and permaculture;
• Excellent MS Office skills;
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Excellent team working skills;
• Good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work with remote staff in an effective and efficient manner;
• Ability to think creatively in terms of tool and process development;
• Positive attitude and a willingness to learn;
• Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
• Fluency in English required; Knowledge of Karimojong and or other local languages an asset;
• Ability to work independently
How to Apply
Application Procedure Qualified Uganda *Nationals* with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, academic qualifications and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com on or before 20th May 2020 by COB with the subject line as; APPLICATION FOR PROJECT OFFICER POSITION–UGANDA.
Note that Applications sent without this exact subject line will not be shortlisted.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.