Acacia Innovations Logistics Manager Jobs in Kenya
Acacia Innovations Logistics Manager Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsA social enterprise which provides eco-friendly cooking and fuel solutions for Kenya.
Our first product line is Kuni Safi, a smokeless alternative to firewood made from recycled sugarcane waste.
We supply schools, children's homes, hospitals, hotels, and factories.
Handles all aspects of transportation and logistics for the entire company, including transport of raw materials, spare parts, procured items, and customer deliveries across the country.
Works with the Factory Administrator, Sales and Finance Teams to ensure transportation and deliveries requirements are met as per the schedule; responsible for deliveries of anywhere from 1 ton to 28 tons of briquettes.
This role strictly requires a versatile, hands-on doer with excellent and competitive sourcing skills, as well as strong interpersonal, communication and teamwork abilities.
Essential Daily Roles
• Source all transportation and logistics needs for the whole company, including raw materials, spare parts/procured items, and finished goods for customer deliveries.
• Coordinate the entire transportation and logistics process, including communications with the driver/transporter and problem solving on any delays or obstacles.
• Make weekly and daily customer delivery plans, in collaboration with branch managers, incorporating direct deliveries to customers or restocking branch offices located in Nakuru, Nairobi, and Machakos.
• Ensure excellent customer service to all clients (internal and external) with zero delays.
• Remotely manage a company lorry driver and servicing/repairs to the company-owned lorry operating out of Nairobi.
• Responsible for logistics becoming a cost-effective center by making quick and appropriate decisions when choosing the services required.
• Issue daily logistics reports.
• Participate in developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) pertaining to logistics.
• Any other administrative duties or projects as assigned from time to time
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2+ years of related work experience in logistics, transportation, or procurement
• Computer savvy with expertise in Excel and Google Drive
• Highly organized and able to manage competing priorities
• Strong negotiation skills
• Honest and high level of perseverance
• Ability to interpret technical language regarding briquettes industry
• A yes and can-do attitude
• Fluent in English & Kiswahili
How to Apply
Job applications will only be accepted at email@example.com (no applications will be received at the office).
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.