Acacia Innovations Accountant Jobs in Kenya
Acacia Innovations Accountant Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsA social enterprise which provides eco-friendly cooking and fuel solutions for Kenya.
Our first product line is Kuni Safi, a smokeless alternative to firewood made from recycled sugarcane waste.
We supply schools, children's homes, hospitals, hotels, and factories.
We’re looking for a highly detail-oriented and well-organized accountant to be based out of our factory in Nzoia, Bungoma.
The Accountant will handle all aspects on company financials, including keeping the books, preparing monthly financial statements, payroll, statutory filing, supplier payments, and financial reports for funders and stakeholders.
They must have a CPA(K) certification, expertise in Quickbooks, Excel, and Google Drive, and have a proven track record of excelling at duties across the accounting spectrum.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
Post supplier bills, receipts, customer invoices, payments from clients, and supplier payments into the QuickBooks software on an ongoing basis.
Reconcile amounts shown in the company’s books of accounts with actual amounts held in the bank.
Prepare financial statements as at the end of every month – Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cashflow Statement.
Prepare any other sales and budget analyses as requested by CEO or company directors.
Financial Reports for Funders
Draft financial reports as required for funders.
Ensure that all supporting documentation required by funders is received, filed, and scanned for submission along with reports.
Maintain a real-time list of accounts receivable from customers.
Share weekly aging report with sales team.
Maintain a real-time list of invoices payable on Google Sheets and Quickbooks.
Verify supporting documentation check that goods were received/work was completed before approving supplier payments.
Prepare bulk payment templates for CEO approval.
• CPA (K) Certification
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or business or related field
• 5 years’ work experience in accounting profession
• Expertise in Quickbooks software, Excel, and Google Drive
• High attention to detail and excellent proofreading abilities
• Excellent written communication- perfect spelling, punctuation & formatting of reports and emails
• Efficient in planning workload and able to manage competing priorities while meeting all deadlines
• Friendly and professional communication while speaking with clients and suppliers
• Pride in personal integrity and highly trustworthy
Preferred but not Required
• Expertise in Quickbooks Online (not Desktop version)
• Experience working for manufacturing companies, including correctly accounting for cost of sales incorporating work-in-progress items and stock produced but not sold
How to Apply
Job applications will only be accepted at email@example.com (no applications will be received at the office).
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.