Absa Africa Lead Data Engineer Jobs in South Africa
Absa Africa Lead Data Engineer Jobs in South Africa
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
Leveraging a thorough understanding of the business data requirements & own data subject matter expertise (ahead of trend), set data architecture direction & lead the agile solution design, deployment, implementation & ongoing optimization of enterprise wide data retrieval, storage and distribution across an estate.
Data Architecture & Data Engineering
• Take ‘one stop shop’ accountability for the retrieval, storage, processing & distribution of data across a business area (data eco-system)
• Collaborate with data science teams & broader business & technical stakeholders to analyse customer data requirements & leverage analysis to identify & accurately spec / frame & set the appropriate data architecture for the business area
• Take accountability for deeply understanding the technical landscape and bank wide architecture that is connected to or dependent on the business area supported in order to effectively design & deliver data solutions (architecture, pipeline etc.)
• Leverage expertise in analytical & creative problem solving to synthesise data solution designs (build a solution from its components) beyond the analysis of the problem
• Lead design thinking processes to successfully deliver data solution blueprints & associated roadmaps
• Leverage state of the art relational and No-SQL databases as well integration and streaming platforms do deliver sustainable business specific data solutions.
• Lead the end to end solution design & implementation process for all data retrieval, storage & distribution solutions including contributing to and in some cases lead all phases of the development lifecycle including e.g. design process
• Develop high quality data retrieval, storage & distribution design and architecture in a test driven & domain driven / cross domain environment
• Build analytics tools that utilize the data
pipeline by quickly producing well-organised, optimized, and documented source code & algorithms to deliver technical data solutions
• Create & Maintain Sophisticated CI / CD Pipelines (authoring & supporting CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins or similar tools and deploy to multi-site environments – supporting and managing your applications all the way to production)
• Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting technologies e.g. Ansible, Chef
• Debug existing source code and polish feature sets.
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements & manage the data pipeline
• Build infrastructure to automate extremely high volumes of data delivery and
• Creatively solve data volume and scaling challenges.
• Create data tools for analytics and data science teams that assist them in building and optimizing data sets for the benefit of the business
• Ensure designs & solutions
support the technical organisation principles of self-service, repeatability, testability, scalability & resilience
• Apply general design patterns and paradigms to deliver technical solutions
• Inform & support the infrastructure build required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
• Continuously optimise, improve & automate data retrieval, storage & distribution processes
• Work across the value chain and in particular with QA & CSO to define and implement quality assurance routines & processes
• Work across the value chain and in particular with QA & CSO to ensure the undisputable separation, security & quality of the organisation’s data
• Meaningfully contribute & ensure solutions align to the design & direction of the Group Architecture & in particular data standards, principles, preferences & practices. Short term deployment must align to strategic long term delivery.
• Meaningfully contribute & ensure solutions align to the design and direction of the Group Infrastructure standards and practices e.g. OLA’s, IAAS, PAAS, SAAS, Containerisation etc.
• Strategically & operationally monitor the performance of data products and services ensuring ongoing optimization & cost to value for our businesses (think bank wide)
• Stay ahead of the curve on data retrieval, storage & distribution technologies & processes (global best practices & trends) to ensure best practice
• Coach & mentor other engineers
• Conduct peer reviews, testing, problem solving within and across the broader team
• Provide technical subject matter expertise and support in the attraction and recruitment of Product Engineers for the organization
• Participate as a subject matter expert in the development & development planning of the broader dat engineering team
• Support the people change teams in the design of adoption processes (Customer, Employee & 3rd Party Adoption)
Risk & Governance
• Identify technical risks and mitigate these (pre, during & post deployment)
• Update / Design all application documentation aligned to the organization technical standards and risk / governance frameworks
• Create business cases & solution specifications for various governance processes (e.g. CTO approvals)
• Participate in incident management & DR activity – applying critical thinking, problem solving & technical expertise to get to the bottom of major incidents
• Deliver on time & on budget (always)
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Absa Africa Lead Data Engineer Jobs in South Africa
Find daily jobs in South Africa. Jobs - South Africa jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest South African job positions, career opportunities & jobs in South Africa.
Jobs in South Africa - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in South Africa.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in South Africa posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.