A Reputable Company Primary Processing Supervisor Jobs in Uganda
A Reputable Company Primary Processing Supervisor Jobs in UgandaJob OverviewThe Primary Processing Supervisor will lead the day to day operations of the Primary Processing Plant in line with the overall operational objectives to achieve safety, quality and performance improvement and ensure achievement of company goals. .
• Coordinates all Primary Processing activities including grading and sorting of fish, weighing, and loading of product.
• Ensures accurate weighing, counting and grading of the fish is done in a consistent and timely manner to uphold quality standards and eliminate wastage.
• Monitors and supervises the packaging and loading process to ensure the fish reaches the market while fresh and presentable.
• Supervises proper handling of fish throughout processing activities to avoid product damage.
• Enforces the use of proper icing techniques throughout the process to maintain the freshness of the fish.
• Ensures high hygiene and Housekeeping standards are maintained across all processing operations.
• Collaborates with Harvest team to plan for receiving and handling of fish post-harvest.
• Updates Key Performance Indicator charts and tracks performance of Primary Processing Section on a daily basis.
• Contributes to the development and roll out of trade pack SKU’s in the plant.
• Implements and controls full stock management system for the facility.
• Prepares and completes daily operation plans; implementing production schedules in order to meet plant targets.
• Ensures compliance with the quality, housekeeping, and food safety management systems.
• Ensures that the processing facility workforce and activities adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Food Safety, Safe Quality Food (SQF) Standards, HAACP and all food safety guidelines and regulations.
• Supports and implements continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimize results and improve quality of delivery, in line with Company and Customer requirements.
• Identifies hazards and maintains a safe working environment. Demonstrates strong awareness of Health and Safety best practices through all areas.
Required Technical Skills, Training & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Production Engineering, Food Science and Technology.
• At least 4 years of experience working in Primary processing operations, which must include two years’ supervisory experience in an FMCG environment.
• Must possess good Leadership and communication skills.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent Numeracy skills.
• Service-focused approach vested in product and process excellence and customer satisfaction.
• Resilience and the ability to work independently and effectively under pressure.
• Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work within a changing environment and work off hours.
• Knowledge and understanding of Food processing principles, methods, and standards including SQF, HACCP, GMPs and all food safety guidelines and regulations.
• Knowledge and understanding of all relevant national laws, regulations, and operating guidelines.
• Strong computer literacy with a professional working knowledge of the full range of MS Office packages
How to Apply
If you are interested and eligible, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.