A Company in Uganda General Manager Jobs
A Company in Uganda General Manager Jobs Job DetailsA leading enterprise in the cleaning and hygiene business is seeking a vibrant, dynamic and exceptional individual to join our Kampala team as the General Manager.
The internal focus for this role is to manage the entire team and ensure achievement of the company's strategic and business plan objectives.
This will be achieved by the implementation of company systems and development of new ways of increasing operational efficiency by reducing costs and managing service delivery to achieve profitability for the organization. .
Responsibilities for this role include
• Define monthly sales targets based on the company's strategic plan and supervise
• staff to achieve key performance indicators that ensure that the organisation meets its revenue and profitability targets
• Track key operational metrics, ensure accuracy of day-to-day data and deliver timely and insightful information to assist directors in strategic decision making Facilitate regular meetings with staff to review progress towards targets, troubleshoot challenges, and develop solutions
• Conduct team appraisals and hold teams accountable for their performance on a quarterly basis
• Continually identify new business opportunities to ensure organisational growth and increased profitability
• Ensure that the company complies with all industry-related requirements by checking constantly with the relevant industry regulators.
• Manage staff recruitment and contracting and supervise filing of staff records with utmost confidentiality
• Ensure that all company's legal status documentation is in place and up to date
• Ensure that all company's insurance requirements are in place, renewed in a timely manner, and all claims are followed up.
• Supervise preparation of monthly staff payroll,
• Analyse and present monthly and quarterly financial reports in an accurate and timely manner, clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements, collate financial reporting materials for all income generating segments, and oversee all financial accounting
• Coordinate the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee, assess any changes necessary
• Oversee annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the senior management, administer and review all financial plans and budgets, monitor progress and changes and keep the senior leadership team abreast of the organization's financial status on a monthly basis.
• Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting
• Supervise preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
• Supervise the implementation of a robust contracts and financial management system ensuring that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to.
• Effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to management in a timely manner and advise on implications to the organization's achievement of overall strategy
• Chair and coordinate a procurement committee to ensure that proper procurement procedures are followed.
• Review and ensure that proper approval processes are followed and adequate supporting documents are provided before payments are effected.
• Supervise the stock audit process, verification and prepare monthly stock related reports
We are looking for an exceptional leader and executer who appreciates the work we do and shares in our vision and drive.
The candidate should be able to develop insightful analyses, problem-solve through analytical and organizational challenges, assume high levels of responsibility & integrity, perform excellent work and contribute fresh ideas.
Top candidates will typically have the following: Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and analytical abilities to support development of insightful and structured information
• Strong leadership skills with utmost professional behavior and integrity that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation
• Organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while working under pressure
• Keen eye for detail to identify discrepancies, inefficiencies and evaluate operational performance
• Good knowledge of business functions.
• At least 3 years' experience in a Senior Management role with a strong analytical background or experience as an entrepreneur. Degree or Advanced Degree in commerce, Business Administration or any other related field.
• Excellent computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Compensation: We offer a competitive package which includes base salary and health insurance
Degree or Advanced Degree
How to Apply
If interested, send an email indicating your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV, cover letter & academic transcripts.
Your cover letter should provide details of your experience, milestones achieved, professional track record, your interest in the role, your individual growth plans, and any other additional details to motivate your candidacy.
Applications should be received by Close of Business 22nd June 2020 with subject line Shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly for interviews.
For more information, email email@example.com
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.