Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruiting system, by March 02, 2007 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM has a proactive recruitment policy to increase the representation of nationals of non-represented member states.
Qualified applicants from the following countries will be particularly taken into consideration:
Angola, Bahamas, Belize, Congo, Cyprus, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Jamaica, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malta, Mauritania, Mexico, Paraguay, Republic of Mauritius, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Yemen
Open To Internal and External Candidates
Reference Code: VN 2007 13 EXT
Duty Station: Dakar, Senegal
Position Title: Technical Cooperation Specialist
Classification: Official, Grade P4*
Type of Appointment: Fixed-term, one year with possibility of extension**
Estimated Starting Date: 01.04.2007
Serving as an arm of the IOM Technical Cooperation Division under the overall supervision of the Director of the Migration Management Services (MMS) Department and under the direct supervision of the Head of Technical Cooperation on Migration (TCM) Division in Geneva, and in close coordination with all concerned IOM Missions and Offices, the Technical Cooperation (TC) Specialist will serve as an expert resource for the Division's areas of responsibility and will provide technical support functions for technical cooperation programming in the region. (African countrieswhere Arabic, French or Portuguese are official or common working languages).
The selected candidate's initial areas of focus will include:
The Specialist will also contribute to IOM programme and project development in the area of linking Migration and Development, particularly as relates to government capacity building and inter-State technical cooperation in this area.
Specifically, the selected candidate will:
1. Assist Missions and Offices in developing, implementing and monitoring IOM's technical cooperation strategy and activities in the region, including, but not limited to, opportunities arising from regional and sub-regional discussions among the concerned governments.
2. Assist governments/ administrations and IOM Missions/Offices in the region in project development and implementation in the specific technical areas earlier noted.
Support the IOM structures and the governments in ensuring synergies in technical programming in the assigned regions and sub-regions.
3. Help ensure responsive and professional technical support to governments/ administrations, and IOM Missions/Offices through, among other activities, development and provision of information resources, identification of consultants and outside experts and exchange of best practices.
4. Help ensure quality control, and intergovernmental partnership where appropriate, through the project development, design and implementation process, and serve as first point of review of TCM projects for the region.
5. Develop synergies and partnerships with other agencies active in the specific technical programming areas.
6. Identify existing information resources and needs for development of new resources in support of TCM programmatic activities.
7. Manage a Technical Resource Service to serve as a repository and clearinghouse for information related to TCM programming in theregion.
8. Supervise direct support staff, if assigned.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of TCM Division.
The grade of the position will be subject to a classification exercise.
The tenure of contract of staff members holding a regular contract will remain unchanged.
Posting period: From 09.02.2007 to 02.03.2007
We strongly encourage you to apply to IOM vacancy notices by using our online e-recruitment facility.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom. int/jahia/ page17.html
All candidates are kindly requested to specify their availability date in the application form.
Please note that IOM e-Recruiting system allows candidates to check their application status at the 'Applications' service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
List includes: NGO Jobs, international jobs, development jobs, relief jobs, international humanitarian jobs, international vacancies, international development, ngo jobs africa, ngo list, jobs vacancies, jobs opportunities, opportunity jobs, international non profit jobs.
Scholarships in Australia » Scholarships in Austria » Scholarships in Belgium » Scholarships in Canada » Scholarships in Germany » Scholarships in Italy » Scholarships in Japan » Scholarships in Korea » Scholarships in Netherlands » Scholarships in UK » Scholarships in USA