Procurement Manager Access Kenya Group
Jobs in Kenya » Jobs Kenya » Kenyan Jobs » Latest Jobs in Kenya
Access Kenya Group
Reporting to the Assistant Chief Financial Officer, the manager will be responsible for developing, maintaining and implementing as well as streamlining procurement policies and systems that will ensure timely and value for money procurement of goods and services for the entire group.
- Exhibit an understanding of market trends, pricing and processes and keep abreast of trends and changes within the industry.
- Perform professionally and build a good business relationship with suppliers.
- Formulate and implement procedures and controls over procurement and stocks.
- Ensure adherence to all legal requirements for all shipments, in particular, tariff rates and pre inspection procedures.
- Obtain required product in a timely, cost effective manner to support technical, sales and customer relation operations and eliminate loss of sale due to stock outs.
- Ensure that purchase orders are accurate, approved and released in a timely manner
- Vigorously investigate, develop and implement cost reduction strategies including finding ways of reducing stock levels, negotiating prices with suppliers, establishing a preferred supplier base amongst others. Bring all such opportunities to the attention of the Assistant CFO and keep adequate records so as to report on progress.
- Managing and developing staff within the procurement section
- Build strong relationships both within the extended Finance team and with other managers across the company
- Look after the welfare of the team members and bring to management any personnel or other issues that may arise with regards to the team members.
- University Graduate with a bias in Business ideally with a specialty in Purchasing or Supply Chain Management
- At least 5 to 7 years procurement experience, 2 of which should be in a managerial capacity.
- Knowledge of basic business contract law including offers, acceptance, oral and written contracts.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and inventory and production control principles.
- Experience working with an ERP will be an added advantage.
- Must be a self motivated, proactive, dynamic, confident with unquestionable Integrity,
- Must be able to motivate and coach the assigned team
- Excellent in communication, both oral and written and relationship building skills.
- Must be able to multitask while remaining focused on priorities
- Must have excellent planning and organization skills as well as good negotiation skills
- MS Office – Intermediary level
If you meet the above requirements and are self driven, proactive and up to the challenge, please send your resume and application letter quoting the job reference number to the address below.
The Group HR Manager,
Access Kenya Group,
Via email to: hr [at] accesskenya.com
Application Deadline: 11th November.
For more: Jobs in Kenya » Jobs Kenya » Kenyan Jobs » Latest Jobs in Kenya
List includes: NGO Jobs, international jobs, development jobs, relief jobs, international humanitarian jobs, international vacancies, international development, ngo jobs africa, ngo list, jobs vacancies, jobs opportunities, opportunity jobs, international non profit jobs.