Economic Growth and Trade Advisor
Enhance Your Chances of Securing Employment - Learn New Digital Skills - Register Now & Complete at Least 1 hour of Free Online Coursework Today & Get Google Certification!
Jobs in Africa » Jobs Africa » Careers in Africa
Economic Growth and Trade Advisor Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
The Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) is seeking to recruit an
Economic Growth and Trade Advisor
The responsibilities include:
- Providing project monitoring and analytical support and advice on issues and programs in the areas of economic growth, regional integration, private sector development and trade facilitation.
- Providing support to both ongoing and planned CIDA economic growth programs and monitor the achievement of development results against established frameworks, in order to maximize the impact of Canadian investments, mainly within the East African Region.
- Following the programs of other donors in support of economic growth, regional integration and trade in East Africa, attend and report on donor meetings on CIDA’s behalf, and identify potential opportunities for future involvement by the CIDA Regional Program.
This is a part-time position covering an estimated period of 180 days over an 18 (eighteen) month contract duration.
- Must be a person who is legally and operationally able to work in Kenya;
- Masters degree in economics, business or public administration, trade policy or a related field;
- A minimum of 7 years experience in the assessment, design, management and/or implementation of regional economic growth projects/programs in a developing region, preferably in Southern or Eastern Africa;
- Experience in the monitoring and/or evaluation of regional economic growth projects/programs;
- Experience providing analysis and advisory services to donors and other stakeholders, including senior government officials;
- Knowledge of emerging trends and best practice in the design and implementation of regional integration, economic growth and trade facilitation projects/programs in Africa;
- Knowledge of results–based management and gender equality, in particular as they apply to economic growth projects/programs;
- Strong English oral and written communication skills;
- No impediments to regional travel or in obtaining a security and medical clearance.
Candidates who fully meet these requirements should email their letter of application (maximum one page) explaining their qualifications for this position, a curriculum vitae (maximum five pages), daytime telephone number and quoting the job competition number.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
A detailed Terms of Reference is available by email request.
Please email applications or requests for the Terms of Reference (TORs) and further information to: NROBI-DA [at] international.gc.ca
Subject Line: Economic Growth and Trade Advisor
Competition Number: A-033537-001-EG&TA
Application Deadline: 20th November.
For more: Jobs in Africa » Jobs Africa » Careers in Africa
List includes: NGO Jobs, international jobs, development jobs, relief jobs, international humanitarian jobs, international vacancies, international development, ngo jobs africa, ngo list, jobs vacancies, jobs opportunities, opportunity jobs, international non profit jobs.
Scholarships for African Students
» Undergraduate Scholarships
» African Women Scholarships & Grants
» Developing Countries Scholarships
» Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Developing Countries
» Fellowship Programs
» Funding Grants for NGOs
» Government Scholarships
» LLM Scholarships
» MBA Scholarships
» PhD and Masters by Research Scholarships
» Public Health Scholarships - MPH Scholarships
» Refugees Scholarships
» Research Grants
» Scholarships and Grants
Scholarships in Australia » Scholarships in Austria » Scholarships in Belgium » Scholarships in Canada » Scholarships in Germany » Scholarships in Italy » Scholarships in Japan » Scholarships in Korea » Scholarships in Netherlands » Scholarships in UK » Scholarships in USA