Deputy Executive Director KHRC
Enhance Your Chances of Securing Employment - Learn New Digital Skills - Register Now & Complete at Least 1 hour of Free Online Coursework Today & Get Google Certification!
Jobs in Africa » Jobs Africa » Careers in Africa
Deputy Executive Director: Kenya Human Rights Commission (KHRC)
Those who had applied previously are kindly requested to re-submit their application.
The Kenya Human Rights Commission (KHRC) is a national non-governmental organisation with a mission to promote, protect and enhance the enjoyment of all human rights by all men and women.
The vision of the KHRC is a Kenya without human rights violations.
The KHRC wishes to recruit a suitably qualified person to fill the following position:
Deputy Executive Director
- The Deputy Executive Director will be required to provide overall guidance with programmes and lead resource mobilisation for the same.
- This position will also deputise the Executive Director and represent the KHRC at the national, regional and international levels when necessary.
- The DED is a key official and is expected to play a role in the future of the organisation.
The incumbent will be expected to:
- Conceptualise, design and implement programmes through the KHRC’s Strategic Plan and its Annual Operational Plans.
- Identify fundraising opportunities and initiate activities to assist the KHRC in generating sufficient programme funding;
- Oversee and ensure effective implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all programmes;
- Prepare periodic reports and publications on the same;
- Maintain excellent working relationships with the staff, partners, grantmakers and other stakeholders;
- Promote the KHRC’s programmes within national, regional, international and intergovernmental (human rights) organisations and institutions;
- Participate in rapid response initiatives and fact finding missions when the need arises.
- A Masters degree in human rights, law, political science or any other related field;
- A Diploma in programme/project management, monitoring and evaluation would be an added advantage;
- A minimum of eight years experience in a related senior management position in the human rights/social justice sector;
- Two years experience in managing, monitoring and evaluating programmes/projects;
- Demonstrable understanding of and commitment to human rights, social justice and change;
- Strong fundraising, financial management and human resource skills.
Attributes required for the Position:
- Excellent research and advocacy skills;
- Being self-motivated, committed to human rights, organised, collegial and able to function well under pressure.
- Must be willing to take the initiative and work independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to appreciate, respect and promote gender and women’s human rights both at the work place and in programme/project work;
- Impeccable field and Internet-based research abilities;
- Experience in writing project proposals, reports and policy briefs;
- Ability to work in a diverse team and offer leadership;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as IT competency.
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package and other benefits.
Applicants should send a cover letter attaching a detailed CV, photocopies of certificates and testimonials and the names, addresses and current telephone/mobile numbers of three referees and a statement of present and expected gross salary to:
C/o Recruitment Committee,
P.O. Box 25626,
Email: recruitmentcommittee [at] south.co.ke
The KHRC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, gender, age, colour, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other ground for discrimination.
Canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification.
KHRC will not provide relocation allowances to overseas applicants.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
For more: Jobs in Africa » Jobs Africa » Careers in Africa
List includes: NGO Jobs, international jobs, development jobs, relief jobs, international humanitarian jobs, international vacancies, international development, ngo jobs africa, ngo list, jobs vacancies, jobs opportunities, opportunity jobs, international non profit jobs.
Scholarships for African Students
» Undergraduate Scholarships
» African Women Scholarships & Grants
» Developing Countries Scholarships
» Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Developing Countries
» Fellowship Programs
» Funding Grants for NGOs
» Government Scholarships
» LLM Scholarships
» MBA Scholarships
» PhD and Masters by Research Scholarships
» Public Health Scholarships - MPH Scholarships
» Refugees Scholarships
» Research Grants
» Scholarships and Grants
Scholarships in Australia » Scholarships in Austria » Scholarships in Belgium » Scholarships in Canada » Scholarships in Germany » Scholarships in Italy » Scholarships in Japan » Scholarships in Korea » Scholarships in Netherlands » Scholarships in UK » Scholarships in USA