ASARECA Gender Expert
Enhance Your Chances of Securing Employment - Learn New Digital Skills - Register Now & Complete at Least 1 hour of Free Online Coursework Today & Get Google Certification!
Research Scholarships » International Academic Grants » Research Scholarships for African Countries
Gender Expert ASARECA
The Association for Strengthening Agricultural Research in Eastern and Central Africa (ASARECA) is a not-for-profit sub-regional organization of the National Agricultural Research Institutes (NARIs) of ten countries: Burundi, D.R. Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Rwanda, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda. ASARECA's mission is promoting economic growth, fighting poverty, reducing hunger and enhancing resources through regional collective action in agricultural research for development.
It aims at increasing the efficiency of agricultural research in the region so as to enhance productivity, value added and competitiveness of the regional agricultural system.
Position 007/09 - Gender Expert
We are seeking to recruit for an expert on gender to help steer implementation of the ASARECA gender mainstreaming strategy.
Working the Policy Analysis and Advocacy Programme Manager, the expert will be charged with implementation of the gender mainstreaming strategy and 'Champion' the process in ASARECA.
The job holder will, inter alia:
- Support the strengthening of gender mainstreaming in ASARECA's programmes and projects which includes use of gender criteria in project proposals, reporting and evaluation, and revision of the gender criteria where appropriate
- Develop, propose and undertake gender mainstreaming initiatives in the region including providing technical backstopping towards the development of a gender strategy in each of the NARS in EGA;
- Support ASARECA and its partners to formulate gender responsive policies to enhance gender mainstreaming in agricultural research
- Identify and build capacity of gender quality assurance teams at appropriate levels in each NARS of ASARECA.
- Coordinate and maintain a close working relationship and strong communication channels with ASARECA stakeholders
- Represent AsARECA's interests at relevant gender events.
- Serve as ASARECA's contact point and partner with social and gender policy experts in the ECA region and consequently build a network for addressing issues of regional priority in relation to gender.
- Identify individuals who can be champions of change in partner organizations in order to enhance institutional commitment at ASARECA.
Qualification and experience
- The person will have a University degree at Masters level in Gender or Development studies, Social sciences, Humanitarian studies, Political Science and Economics.
- The person will have 5 to 7 years progressive experience in application of gender mainstreaming in programmes and projects in agricultural research for development in some or all of the ASARECA member countries with proven qualities of synthesis and strong ability to analyze, prepare and present written materials in excellent English.
- Knowledge of French is desirable.
- This contract will be initially for a period of twenty four months, renewable subject to annual performance review and availability of funding.
Remuneration and other Benefits:
- Applicants should be nationals of ASARECA member countries.
- Willingness and ability for frequent and sustained travel to participate, organise or facilitate meetings/ workshops/ conferences
Method of Application:
- The remuneration package is comparable to those offered by similar regional organisations in Eastern and Central Africa.
- It includes a regionally competitive salary and allowances for housing and transport, education for dependent children, health insurance, gratuity and home leave.
Applicants should send an application letter clearly demonstrating their suitability in meeting the qualifications, experience and the required competencies.
A copy of an up-to-date curriculum vitae and names of three referees and their complete addresses -postal, telephone, fax and e-mail.
The Head of Administration,
ASARECA, Plot 5, Mpigi Road,
PO Box 765, Entebbe,
Tel: 256-41-320212 or 320556 or 321389
Email: [email protected]
Appliction Deadline: 20th November 2009.
For More Information, Kindly Visit; ASARECA Website
More; Research Scholarships » International Academic Grants » Research Scholarships for African Countries
Scholarships for African Students
» Undergraduate Scholarships
» African Women Scholarships & Grants
» Developing Countries Scholarships
» Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Developing Countries
» Fellowship Programs
» Funding Grants for NGOs
» Government Scholarships
» LLM Scholarships
» MBA Scholarships
» PhD and Masters by Research Scholarships
» Public Health Scholarships - MPH Scholarships
» Refugees Scholarships
» Research Grants
» Scholarships and Grants
Scholarships in Australia » Scholarships in Austria » Scholarships in Belgium » Scholarships in Canada » Scholarships in Germany » Scholarships in Italy » Scholarships in Japan » Scholarships in Korea » Scholarships in Netherlands » Scholarships in UK » Scholarships in USA