World Vision Senior Finance and Administration Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Purpose of the position:
To provide overall management of the WV East Africa Regional Office Finance and Administration functions.
The role will ensure financial stewardship, accountability, reliability and accuracy of financial information, and strategies, systems and skills to support the operations of the office.
The position will also ensure effective and efficient administrative support to the East Africa Regional Office staff, hosted units, Global Centre and National Offices and adherence to the law of the land and representing WV’s interests in legally binding contracts.
Communicate World Vision's Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.Key Responsibilities:
Finance & Administration Management
• Manage the finance and administration units in EARO and ensure smooth running efficient delivery of services.
• Identify gaps in financial, administrative and procurement policies and provide appropriate recommendations for development and review
• Ensure adherence to partnership policies and guidelines including International Financial and procurement Manuals
• Manage RO budget, cash flow and project funding
• Facilitate the budgeting process as per budget guidelines
• Prepare quarterly analysis of the financial performance of the Regional Office(RO) and provide
• Ensure effective operation of the RO to ensure optimal use of resources
• Supervise all aspects of supply chain from tendering, procurement, logistics and stores.
• Ensure implementation of new partnership initiatives involving Finance and Administration.
• Ensure that staff in EARO have a safe work environment in accordance with the OSHA standards
• Contribute to the development of supply chain strategies and approaches
Finance & Administration Accountability and Reporting
• Design systems, policies and procedures that provide appropriate levels of security and control of EARO assets, resources and operations
• Ensure implementation of efficient and effective internal control systems
• Submit timely and accurate periodic reports
• Cost efficiency and effectiveness
• Lead in the negotiations, preparation and ensure execution of contracts
• Promote benchmarks for determining effective resource utilization at all levels.
• Ensure competitiveness in procurement process
Risk Management and Controls
• Ensure that appropriate financial systems and controls are
in place to minimize risk
• Ensure that management responses to audits performed are sent on time to the Audit Department, and that audit recommendations are implemented
• Ensure adequate preparation and participation in internal and external audits.
• Monitor the Financial Risk Matrix and act accordingly.
People Management & Capacity Building
• Identify capacity gaps and ensure appropriate development interventions for finance and administration unit
• Facilitate operations and other non-finance staff in understanding and interpretation of financial policies, guidelines and reports
• Ensure roll out of finance and procurement initiatives relating to EARO
• Set and monitor performance standards for Senior Finance & Administrative officers and provide overall mentorship and coaching to the department staffOthers
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
• Representative in special task forces and committees
• Active representation strategic regional meetings and forumsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must have:Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field. MBA is preferred
Certified Public Accountant
8 years’ experience in Finance and Administration roles preferably in the humanitarian sector, 4 of which must have been in management level.
Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash-flow monitoring and internal accounting controls
Good knowledge of procurement processes and internal control systems
Must have good working knowledge of computerized accounting software, preferably Sun Systems & Vision and literacy in using Microsoft Office programs.
Working knowledge of the WV Partnership is preferred.
Work Environment /Travel:
The position is office-based with occasional travel both domestic and international
How to apply:
For more information and job application details, see; World Vision Senior Finance and Administration Manager
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!