Medecins Sans Frontieres Jobs in Kenya
MSF Switzerland Nutrition Supervisor Vacancy in Dadaab, Kenya
Dadaab Dagahaley Refugee CampProject Summary:
The objective of our project is to provide primary and secondary level of health care to the Refugees in Dagahaley refugee camp.
MSF provides a full package of medical care through 2 primary health care units and 1 hospital (100 beds) with 24 hour emergency and Operating Theatre.
Health services include curative, preventative, nutritional activities and emergency preparedness and intervention with partners.Reporting:
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Project Medical ReferentStart date:
Attractive salary package on offer with additional benefits including comprehensive health cover.
Contract duration: 12 months fixed term contract with possibility of extension based on performance (includes 3 month probationary period)The job activities include but are not limited to;
• Ensure proper functioning of the Therapeutic Program. This includes: Daily collection of the number of new admissions and exits and to check the attendance
• Calculate the quantity a food needed for the day based on the number a children registered
• Ensure triage of patients in waiting areas, detecting the priority acute cases, carrying out first aid care when necessary and referring them to the doctor if necessary.
• Carry-out all patient related tasks for the admission, weighing and measuring the children, identifying the degree and types of malnutrition, administration (patient card, register, etc.)
• Ensure that medical and nutritional care is properly delivered to the patients and to daily follow the evolution of the patients.
• Carry-out consultations to children and their parents, undertaking a complete clinical examination of children, looking for associated pathologies, drawing up nutritional surveillance forms and milk cards, providing required vaccination, etc.
• Carry-out surveillance and follow-up of patients' medical and nutritional evolution, identifying possible emergency situations arising and keeping doctors informed if necessary.
• Provide advice
and inform children's families about everything concerning the hospitalization, participate in the health education of the mothers and/or treatment process.
• Control all pharmacy, food, a. medical equipment (carrying out inventories, checking its quality and its functioning, storage conditions, doing follow-up of expired drugs, etc,)
• patients files, forms, statistics, etc.), ensure an appropriate written/oral handover, .and report any problematic sitilations and cases arising.
• Report any security related occurrences on therapeutic food or a, other incidences occurring at nutrition program to the supervisor. ,Participate in nutrition activities e.g. nutrition survey and malezi bora campaigns.
• Make analysis of nutrition registration book; coordinate the absent and defaulter training with the outreach team. Requirements
Previous experience required. Experience in MSF or other NGO’s and /or in developing countries desirable.Languages:
English and Local language essential.KnowledgeDegree in Nutrition
Registered with the Kenya Nutritionists & Dieticians Institute (KNDI)
Competencies: Results, teamwork, commitment, flexibility, service.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter outlining HOW you fulfill each of the requirements in bullet points on or before 22nd February 2017 to http://uhired.me/job/82
Applications must be received by the deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee.
More Medecins Sans Frontieres Jobs in Kenya at - Page | 1 | 2 | 3 |
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!