Kirinyaga University Jobs
Kirinyaga University Job Vacancies; Kenya jobs and vacancies at Kirinyaga University in Kenya. We have 1000s of jobs and vacancies in Kenya Universities including Kirinyaga University in Kenya career opportunities.
Kirinyaga University is government owned and established under the Universities
Act No. 42 of 2012.
At present, the University runs degree programmes across six faculties; Health Sciences, Hospitality and Textile Technology, Computing and
Information Technology, Business and Economics, Pure and Applied Sciences, and Engineering and Built Environment.
The University is one of the recently chartered universities and is among the vibrant and fastest growing citadels of learning in Kenya. It is situated about 115 kilometers from Nairobi.
The Council of Kirinyaga University invites applications from suitably qualified
candidates with cognate experience in University teaching and administration for
the positions of Vice Chancellor and Deputy Vice Chancellors.
1. Vice Chancellor, Ref: KyU/VC/01/10/2016
Will be the Chief Executive Officer and the academic and administrative Head of the University, Chairman of the Senate, ex official member of the Council of the University and Secretary to the Council.
Among other functions, the Vice-Chancellor shall:
1. Have overall responsibility for the direction, organization, administration and programmes of the University;
2. Be competent at all times to advise the Council on any matter affecting the policy, finance and administration of the University;
3. Be generally responsible to the Council for maintaining the efficiency and good order of the University and for ensuring the proper enforcement of Laws and Regulations;
4. Be responsible for discipline in the University;
5. Regulate the admission of the students in accordance with the approved guidelines and procedures.
6. Have such other responsibilities and duties as may be provided for in the
University Charter and Statutes.
7. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the University Council from time to time
Qualities and Qualifications of the Candidates
1. Be a full Professor with demonstrated ability to provide exemplary academic leadership and proven management capability;
2. Be a scholar of outstanding national and international repute with an earned PhD in his/her discipline from a recognized University;
3. Have at least nine (9) years hands-on academic and research experience at senior level and possess demonstrated capacity for leadership in an academic and/or research institution having served substantively with demonstrable results at least in the position of Dean/Director of Faculty/School, Deputy Principal, Principal of a University Constituent College or Deputy Vice
4. Have thorough knowledge of current national, regional and global trends in the development and provision of higher education;
5. Have good understanding of Governance structures, Government financial and fiscal policies, strategic planning and Vision 2030, human resource management, thorough public financial management, budgeting, procurement and asset disposal legal requirements, further supported by relevant training and certification;
6. Have a good understanding of the Vision and Mission of the University;
7. possess demonstrated ability to plan, develop and implement academic programs and institutional linkages;
8. Be able to coordinate facilitation and maintenance of linkages with Government/regulatory agencies and other local/international institutions;
9. Be registered with and be active member of professional associations in his/her area of specialization;
10. Have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, highest ethical standards, integrity and professionalism.
11. Be a person of strong character and ability to give courageous and effective leadership;
12. Be a person capable of inspiring the advancement of learning and reaching out to all persons without discrimination;
13. Have irrevocable commitment to best practices in corporate governance with particular emphasis on accountability, transparency and probity;
14. Demonstrate commitment to the cardinal values of merit, consistency and fairness as operating principles and can apply these across board;;
15. Be able to attract research grants and complementary funds from local and international agencies, and further uplift the academic stature of the University;
16. Be a person of high ethical standards, integrity, accountability and professionalism, teamwork and stewardship and comply with the
requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya;
17. Should be in a position to ensure the enforcement of University Laws and Regulations;
18. Be capable of supervising the
overall growth and development of the University.
Applicants whose professional background experience includes leadership in
teaching, research and administration in reputable national/international institutions, networking, fundraising and resource mobilization, as well as those with training in the field of management will have an added advantage.
As per the Universities Act, No. 42 of 2012, KyU Charter and Statutes, the ViceChancellor shall hold office for a period of five (5) years, renewable once for a further five (5) years subject to approval by Council.
2. Deputy Vice Chancellor - Academic and Student Affairs (ASA), Ref: KyU/DVC/02/10/2016
Will be one of the Principal Assistants to the Vice Chancellor, the Head of the Academic Division of the University and will have the following responsibilities:
1. Delivering University training and research strategy through management of teaching which includes inter alia planning for academic programmes, preparation of syllabi and their regulations, timetables, examinations, certificates and transcripts, graduation, library services, students’ attachment
and training of Academic staff;
2. Coordination of students affairs which include admissions and records, student welfare (recreational, sports and games), catering and
accommodation services, counseling and discipline;
3. Managing academic support services which include library services, coordination
of the allocation of resources for academic purposes and safety in teaching areas;
4. Development and implementation of academic policies of the University in accordance with the University Master and Strategic Plans;
5. Working closely with the other Deputy Vice Chancellors on academic staff appraisals, development, training and research;
6. Advising the University Senate in the development of academic programmes in conformity with ethical standards and legally recognized professional bodies;
7. Providing the secretariat to the Senate on matters academic and the following committees: Board of Postgraduate Studies, Deans Committee, Students Disciplinary Committee and Library committee
8. Shall be the returning officer for the election of Deans of Schools.
9. Providing the secretariat for the Honorary Degrees Committee of Council.
10. Shall be responsible for the allocation of academic facilities e.g. buildings, rooms and offices in the University as well as the formulation of rules governing their allocation and utilization.
11. Shall carry out such other duties as may be assigned or delegated by the Vice Chancellor from time to time.
The applicant MUST:
1. Be a Professor or an Associate Professor and holder of an earned PhD from a recognized University;
2. Have at least eight (8) years of academic and research experience at senior level and possess demonstrated leadership in an academic institution having served substantively with demonstrable results at least in the position of Dean/Director/Principal/Deputy Principal of a University Constituent College, Deputy Vice Chancellor;
3. Be well published and an academic leader in his/her area of specialization;
4. Be familiar with current national, regional and global trends in provision of higher education;
5. Possess demonstrable ability to plan, develop and implement academic programs and institutional linkages;
6. Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, highest ethical standards, integrity and professionalism.
As per the Universities Act, No. 42 of 2012, KyU Charter and Statutes, the Deputy Vice Chancellor (ASA) shall hold office for a period of five (5) years, renewable once for a further five (5) years subject to approval by Council.
Deputy Vice Chancellor - Finance and Development (F&D), Ref: KyU/DVC/03/10/2016
Will be one of the Principal Assistants to the Vice Chancellor, the head of the Finance and Development Division of the University and will be responsible for the management of physical and
financial resources, infrastructural and development matters in a results oriented
and timely manner to achieve the University’s goals, objectives and agreed performance targets.
More Kirinyaga University Jobs at Page 1 | 2 |
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Kenya.