Kenya Public Policy Research and Analysis Institute Jobs in Kenya
The Kenya Public Policy Research and Analysis Institute (KIPPRA) is charged with the mandate of providing quality public policy advice to the Government of Kenya, privatesector and other stakeholders in order to contribute to the achievement of national longterm development goals.
KIPPRA contributes to improved public policy making and implementation process through: Conducting objective public policy research and analysis; informing and providing advice during policy-making process; Building capacity of the Government of Kenya and other partners to absorb, undertake and analyze public policy; strengthening working modalities with the Government of Kenya and other stakeholders.
Towards meeting the requirements of this mandate and in enhancing institutional capacity, KIPPRA invites applications from qualified candidates to fill the position of Senior Internal Auditor within its establishment.KIPPRA Designation Senior Internal Auditor Jobs in Kenya
Board Audit CommitteeAdministratively:
Executive DirectorOverall Responsibility
To provide continued assurance on the effectiveness of KIPPRA’s system of internal controls and coordinate the process of risk identification, evaluation and mitigation so as to make sure that KIPPRA achieves its corporate goals of growth and profitability.
S/he will closely work with the Management Team in
Enterprise Risk Management, Business Continuity Management, Compliance and Fraud management Duties
1. Head of Internal Audit and Secretary to the Board Audit Committee
2. Develop, implement and evaluate internal controls framework that meet the KIPPRA’s control requirements especially in safeguarding its assets
3. Plan and carry out regular internal audits to evaluate compliance with internal controls system, assess the reliability and integrity of information and compliance KIPPRA’s policies, procedures, laws and regulations and prepare quarterly reports and submit the same to the Executive Director and the Board Audit Committee within 14 days of the end of the quarter
4. Conduct continuous follow up and post implementation reviews to ensure HODs/managers and other responsible persons act on agreed action plans
5. Update management on progress of an audit assignment by:
• giving an oral preliminary report which shall be confirmed in writing within seven (7) days;
• discussing the findings, conclusions and recommendations with the auditee;
• issuing a signed written report after each internal audit assignment that is objective, clear, concise, constructive and timely;
• giving reports which clearly present the purpose, scope and results of the audit; and
• Giving reports with recommendations for potential improvement, suggestions of corrective actions and acknowledgement of satisfactory performance.
6. Carry out regular update of the Internal Audit Charter in line with the governing legal framework
7. Carry out special assignments, investigations or reviews that may be requested for by the Board Audit Committee and management on need be basis
8. Update the Board Audit Committee and the Executive Director on Risk and internal audit issues and seek their approval on way forward
9. Ensure that enterprise-wide risk management policies, controls and procedures are effectively implemented, disseminated and complied with across KIPPRA.
10. Promote and support a culture of compliance, risk avoidance/mitigation and corporate accountability through trainings and knowledge sharing at KIPPRA
11. Develop a flexible annual audit work plan using an appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risk/control concerns identified by management and submit the same to the Board Audit Committee for review and approval by 5th of February for approval as well as periodic updates
and share with
12. Update the Board Audit Committee and the Executive Director on Risk and internal audit issues and seek their approval on way forward
13. Ensure that enterprise-wide risk management policies, controls and procedures are effectively implemented, disseminated and complied with across KIPPRA.
14. Promote and support a culture of compliance, risk avoidance/mitigation and corporate accountability through trainings and knowledge sharing at KIPPRA
15. Develop a flexible annual audit work plan using an appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risk/control concerns identified by management and submit the same to the Board Audit Committee for review and approval by 5th of February for approval as well as periodic updates and share with the Executive Director for budgetary allocations
16. Implement the annual audit work plan, as approved, including any special tasks or projects requested by management and the Board Audit Committee
17. Act as Quality Management Representative of KIPPRA in ISO Management
18. Develop, review and implement Business Continuity Plan and Risk Framework for KIPPRA and monitor business continuity risks.
19. Assess the adequacy of established policies and procedures and review the systems established to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, statutory requirements and regulations which could have a significant impact on KIPPRA operations
20. Ensure that all the regulatory and statutory requirements are adhered to and all payments and returns are done by the prescribed due dates
21. Issue audit reports to the Board Audit Committee and Executive Director communicating findings of audits carried out.
22. Keep abreast with emerging trends and practices in internal auditing and update the Audit Committee and management on the same.
23. Liaise with external auditors on audit reviews of KIPPRA Key Requirements
1. Years’ Experience 2 of which should be in Risk Management/Compliance/Forensics the Executive Director for budgetary allocations
2. A Master’s Degree in Financial Accounting/ Business Administration, Economics or its
equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
3. Certified Public Accountant CPA (K)/Certified Internal Auditor
4. Professional membership with Institute of Internal Auditors
5. Experience in the use of computerized accounting and auditing applicationsSkills/ Competencies
a) Good time management
b) Assertiveness and self-drive
c) Honesty, reliability and dependability
d) Good interpersonal skills
e) Sound analytical and numerical skills.
f) Good communication skill
Applications with a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of certificates/testimonials to be addressed and posted/hand delivered to:
Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis 2nd Floor, Bishops Garden Towers, Bishops Road
P. O. Box 56445 – 00200
Telephone: 254 20 4936000/0736 712724
The deadline for applications is 17th February 2017 by 5.00 p.m.
Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Contacted
KIPPRA is an equal opportunity employer
Persons with Disability and Women are encouraged to apply.
For more information and job application details, see; KIPPRA Designation Senior Internal Auditor Jobs in Kenya Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!