INTERSOS Jobs in Kenya
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts.
Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.1. Project Manager WASH
1. Terms of reference
Location: Baidoa (Somalia) with frequent travel to Nairobi (Kenya)
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Starting date: December 2016
Duration of contract: 6 months2. Tasks and responsibilities
The Project Manager WASH guarantees the correct overall management of the assigned project, management of budget and personnel, and he ensures the realization of the WASH activities in Baidoa District.
He/she also need to ensure coordination with the Education and Protection activities ongoing in the same areas in order to successfully reach the project goals.Specifically the Project Manager WASH will:
· Be responsible for implementation of the ongoing projects according to the signed Agreement and further modification approved by the donors
· Be responsible for assessments, projects design, reports (final and interim) preparations for institutional and public funding.
· Be responsible for the timely submission of project proposals as well as external and internal reports to donors and clusters.
· Be responsible of the preparation of all the accounting documents, including tender and procurement for intermediate and final financial reports required by donors.
· Be responsible for staffing and appraisal of the national personnel involved in the projects.
· Ensure a steady and active representation of INTERSOS at cluster level as well in all the other, significant meetings (i.e. coordination among education partners, CRC etc.).
· Maintain daily relationship with the Donors and involve the Head of Mission whereas strategic opportunity can arise.
· Fund raising at nairobi level in order to expand WASH activities in Middle Shabelle and Bay region (Diinsor District).
· Maintain ongoing surveillance of the developing humanitarian situation and adjust activities accordingly.
· Supervise and monitor the construction of WASH infrastructure as envisaged in the project proposal
· Coordinate with local authorities in Baidoa Town.4. Required profile/experience
· MSc Degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in relevant program management or technical advisory roles in complex WASH projects preferably in Africa; experience in Somalia will be highly preferred.
· Expertise in government, non-governmental, and community capacity building for WASH.
· Fluency in English is required.Personal skills:
· Facilitation, negotiation, motivation, team building and management skills.
· Ability to make decisions in an ambiguous environment and to operate in a decentralized organization.
· Supportive, versatile and flexible.
· Team player, able to make quick decisions.
· Able to prioritize effectively for execution with limited resources
· Strong analytical and logical ability, communication and coaching skills.
· Knowledge of technical software for designing water networks.How to apply:
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their curriculum vitae, motivation letter and 2 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying in the subject ‘Project Manager WASH Somalia”
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview2. Protection Coordinator
Location: Nairobi (50% of the time) with frequent travel to Somalia (50% of the time)
Reporting to: Head of Mission (HoM)
Starting date: as soon as possible
Ending date: 31st of December 2016 (renewable)
Dependants: YesTasks and responsibilities
The Protection Coordination will oversee the implementation of all INTERSOS Protection within Somalia mission.
The position is the first responsible for technical and managerial oversight and implementation of INTERSOS Somalia Protection Programming.
Ensure cohesion among INTERSOS protection activities as well as linkage between INTERSOS projects to provide a comprehensive response to the protection needs.Key Responsibilities:
1) Coordination of Protection DepartmentCoordinate activities of the program in the areas of intervention with the support of the technical team of the program, contribute to the implementation of the strategy
Strengthen the humanitarian team’s capacity to
meet protection and gender minimum standards
Provide ongoing strategic protection analysis(including aspects of conflict analysis, gender, and risk management) and lessons from programme experience to inform programme development, implementation and policy/advocacy work
Ensure monitoring, and support the reporting process of the Protection department, support fundraising efforts and development of new projects.
Monthly analysis data to anticipate potential challenges based on information gathered in order to produce a Monthly Protection Report
Represent INTERSOS with donors and in strategic meeting, as well as coordination and consortium meetings.
2) Provide technical advice, training and mentoring for staff on protection databases and adherence to data protection protocols
· Supervise and support the protection Project Managers by providing technical and programme support in the following areas: staff recruitment, preparation of timely and quality project narrative reports according to donors’ requirement; supervision of the correct implementation of the projects in accordance with agreed strategies, principles, implementation plans, and donor requirements; monitor protection projects through follow up of the PATs.
Conduct training and mentoring of the INTERSOS field staff on children education and use of the CPIMS and GBVIMS including preparation of trend analysis, tracing list, referral and other performance-related outputs to support project management;
Conduct field monitoring and ensure that data protection procedures and processes are followed by Protection and other INTERSOS staff involved in handling confidential data.
For Protection teams, ensure that the INTERSOS CP Database and M&E Officer maintains and reviews on a quarterly basis a tailored protocol for each base;
· Provide technical support for protection, gender, age and diversity mainstreaming throughout the projects. Special attention will be given to GBV and CP including design of community-prevention and outreach methodologies and materials involving a wide range of stakeholders;
Conduct research into community-engagement methodologies used and their impact (from desk-based and primary research);
· Review weekly activity reports, case management forms and provide advice and supervision on case management, psychosocial support and CMR direct service delivery;
· Social Science, Community Development, Psychology or Social Work degree and/or equivalent practical field experience, preferably with a humanitarian organization;
· Minimum five years professional experience in CP and/or education programming, technical focus on education in emergency, children affected by armed conflict and other technical aspects of reintegration is an asset;
· Previous experience humanitarian project management is required;
· Good interpersonal skills to work effective with different stakeholders including different communities in the target areas, humanitarian actors, service providers, local and national authorities;
· Excellent organizational, teambuilding and participatory training skills and experience is required, as well as ability to work as part of a team;
· Project Management skills, including financial planning and documentation;
· Experience in psychosocial support, case management and alternative care for children is an asset;
· Fluency in written and spoken English, good reporting writing and communication skills is required;
· Good problem solving and social skills and creative, to think of alternative solutions;
· Computer literate (Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Access);
· Gender-sensitive and advocate for women, children and minority rights;
· Willing to work extra hours when necessary;
· Ability to travel frequently to different areas in Somalia working in stressful situations and at times, in hardship field locations.
How to apply:
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their curriculum vitae, motivation letter and 2 references to: email@example.com with subject line: "Protection Coordinator Somalia”
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview
Apply by 24th October
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!