International Organization for Migration Jobs
International Organization for Migration Jobs; Search & find IOM job openings and directly apply to any open position. Upload a motivation letter, your resume, a personal history form, a recent photo and other doc. Find IOM jobs now.
1. International Organization for Migration Operations Assistant Jobs in Kenya
VN No.: IOMKE/VN/091/2016
Duty Station: Kakuma, Kenya
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G5
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed Term Contract, with possibility of extension.
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all.
It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub Office Kakuma and overall supervision of
the Head of Operations and in close coordination with the relevant units, including MHD,
Admin/Finance and Human Resources, the incumbent will assist in implementing refugee resettlement operations and activities in IOM Kakuma.
In particular he/she will perform the
following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate and supervise all Kakuma operations activities such as resettlement mission support, medical support and movements of refugees.
2. Coordinate and monitor the work of the operations staff.
3. Be responsible for ensuring that standard operating procedures (SOPs) for all Kakuma operations activities are implemented and adhered to.
4. Regularly review the operational SOPs and suggests changes and improvements.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
5. Train the new operations staff as well as on-call Operations Escort Staff.
6. Serve as focal point for operational matters between IOM Kakuma, resettlement missions and others.
7. Represent IOM in meetings and workshops related to resettlement activities in Kakuma.
8. Serve as Kakuma focal point for all resettlement missions, including, but not limited
to activities in Kakuma.
9. Develop mechanisms to monitor and ensure that all refugee clients receive the highest quality services available from IOM Kakuma.
10. Ensure regular and accurate updating of a database recording all documents received from UNHCR and forwarded to IOM Nairobi.
11. Be responsible for ensuring quality control at all stages of Kakuma operations activities.
12. Together with ITC Staff, MHD Data Clerk and other relevant units, develop and ensure the implementation of a database linking Kakuma operations and MHD departments.
13. Prepare regular weekly/monthly reports on Kakuma operations activities.
14. Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent or higher in areas related to Logistics, Management or Travel Operations, with at least 3 years of relevant working experience or High School Degree/Certificate with at least 5 years of relevant working experience in resettlement/movements related operations experience, including working with the actors involved in resettlement.
1. Experience in resettlement and/movements, related operations experience, including working with the actors involved in resettlement: RSC, UNHCR and other humanitarian assistance organization preferred.
2. Experience working in hardship
areas an advantage.
3. At least two years airlines or travel agency experience is an advantage.
4. Previous working experience with NGOs or International Organization is an added advantage.
5. Demonstrate accuracy in handling and reporting data.
6. Required IOM functional competencies: effective communicator, successful negotiator, creative and analytical thinker, active learner, team player and cross cultural facilitator.
7. Strong practical computer skills, including Excel spreadsheet and Access database and experience of work with online application.
Fluency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of
Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a
neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be
In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Submit cover letter and CV, including daytime telephone and e-mail contact to:
International Organization for Migration (IOM), Human Resources Department, P.O. Box
or send via e-mail to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 19 January 2017
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, process or training).
IOM does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank details.
For more information and job application details, see; International Organization for Migration Operations Assistant Jobs in Kenya
More IOM Jobs at - Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Kenya.