CBM Finance Officer Job in Kenya
· Support Kenya Country Office and Partner Budget Application Process: Mentorship/Training of partners on the templates; Review of submitted budgets; compile budget summaries; Uploading approved budgets into NAVISION; making necessary revisions as maybe required; providing budget Notifications to Program Team for sharing with partners.
· Reviews Project Progress Report (PPR) and send it to Regional Finance/Operations Team within the set timeline.
· In liaison with Program Team, ensure all partner savings are approved before re-allocation and re-utilization.
· Monitor whether partners’ financial implementation are done in accordance with CBM procedures and approved budget by conducting regular project visits in liaison Program Team. Use findings to support partner in capacity development to improve on internal controls.
· Prepare projects’ and partners’ CBM annual financial checklists in accordance with CBM checklist manual.
· Support in tracking Kenya Country Office program budget call ups, expenditures and reporting.
· Review whether the projects’/partners’ Audit Reports (AR) and Management Letters (ML) are in compliance with CBM procedures and requirements; this includes:
· Coordinate development of Audit ToRs including overseeing of the audit process.
· Follow up timely submission of AR and ML from partners and submit to Regional Office on due time line
· Review that the provided AR are in accordance with International and National Standards as well National Legislation.
· Reviews the auditor’s findings and opinions of the current year and follows up whether the project management has responded and whether subsequent corrective actions were taken.
· Reviews whether the previous year’s auditor’s findings and opinions are corrected or improved in the subsequent year.
· Reviews the correctness of projects’/partners’ CBM Annual Financial Statements (FS) against CBM Financial Manual and reconcile with AR; this includes:
· Reviews CBM FS whether all the donor funds have been used/reported in accordance with approved CBM budget.
· Reviewing whether previous year’s savings and current year’s reallocations of funds are utilized with prior approval of CBM.
that all income and expenditures are reported on CBM FS clearly explained and reconciled with incomes and expenditures reported on AR.
· Reviews that closing balance reported on CBM FS is in conformance with the closing bank balance reported on the audit report.Required Qualifications and Experience:
· Degree in Accounting.
· ICPAK certified (Advantage).
· Minimum five (5) years’ work experience in same capacity within development sector.
· Proficient skills in budget development and report writing.
· Efficiently use Accounting Software.
· Excellent skill of using MS Office package.
· Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word processing programs at a highly proficient level.
· Experience with multi-funded program.Competencies and Skills:Computer literate and familiar with use of spreadsheets and accounting packages.
Ability to develop and maintain accounting systems, which handle large amounts of information.
Ability to analyze and interpret financial and narrative reports.
Good written and spoken English.
Reflects CBM values in daily work.
Ability to prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
Ability to integrate into a multi-cultural environment.
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
How to apply:
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit in English via e-mail, a meaningful cover letter, CV and salary expectations to: email@example.com
Application deadline: 5th October 2016
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!