African Wildlife Foundation Senior Social Media Officer Job in Kenya
For more than 50 years, the African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) has been a key player in African Conservation and sustainable development.
As AWF seeks to increase its visibility globally, there is a need to hire an experienced, Nairobi-based Senior Social Media Officer to advance the Africa perspective and voice across AWF’s digital channels.
The successful candidate will be responsible for building global audiences and engagement, channel integration, and brand development.
S/he will also serve as a collaborative leader and internal advocate for new approaches and innovative digital strategies and technology.Skills, Knowledge & Experience
To be successful, the candidate should possess the following qualifications and experience:
· Must have extensive experience leading social media at an international organization or corporation along with demonstrated experience building executive voice platforms and a strong ability to work collaboratively.
· At least 8 years of relevant experience in digital media for a leading organization with strong professional working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Steller, and Pinterest.
· Bachelor’s degree in digital media, interaction design, communications, public relations or a closely related field.
· Knowledge of HTML and CSS, as well as CMS platforms such as Drupal and Word Press.
· Demonstrated experience utilizing social engagement measurement tools (NUVI) to impact overall social strategy and direction.
· Strong problem-solving
and creativity skills with an ability to maximize the social conversation and trends to promote AWF.
· Exemplary skills in video production, video editing, graphic design, web design, photography, writing, editing and proofreading.
· Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the representation of AWF to external audiences.
· Experience managing project teams and staff.
· Composure, presence, polish, and confidence in representing AWF and conservation to digital communities, partners, and the media.
· Knowledge of French and other relevant languages a distinct advantage.How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to apply through African Wildlife Foundation Senior Social Media Officer
Please send a cover letter and your detailed CV as a single PDF document indicating daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees with the Job Title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!