Its objective is to develop and enhance young women’s skills in leadership, gender, lobbying and advocacy, management, report writing and analysis, research and documentation, information management, resourceful database development, website maintenance, and resource centre management.
The programme is also designed to provide opportunities for interns to gain hands-on experiences in working within a women's organisation.
The internship will take place from April 1 to December 15th at EASSI in Kampala, Uganda.
The internship is open to females between the ages of 20 and 35 who are citizens of Burundi, Ethiopia, Rwanda, or Uganda.
Applicants must have at least a Bachelors degree in Social Sciences, Law, Development Studies, Mass Communication, Education, Information Technology, Gender and Women Studies, Economics, or other related Arts and Science subjects.
They must be able to communicate fluently in spoken and written English.
Ability to speak and write in French and Kiswahili is an added advantage.
Applicants must demonstrate interest in the advancement of women in any sphere of development and indicate how they will apply their skills to the advancement of young women’s concerns within their own countries.
Applicants should submit the following to the contact below:
* letter of application;
* letter of recommendation by a credible women’s organisation and endorsed by EASSI’s focal point in a member country. (Click here for a list of focal points);
* curriculum vitae - not more than 3-4 pages, including three referees: one academic, one personal, and one from a women’s organisation;
* one recent colour passport photo (either scan one or send by post);
* evidence of commitment to the women’s movement in the region;
* copy of passport;
* copy of academic certificates;
* 1-4 pages of written work in a field of women’s concerns; and
* copy of a criminal free record/certificate of good conduct for the purpose of processing a work permit (This is a requirement by the Uganda Immigration Department and can be done after selection).