World Food Prize
Non Profit Awards » Individual Food Awards » International Awards
World Food Prize Foundation is pleased to invite nominations for foremost international award recognizing the accomplishments of individuals who have advanced human development by improving the quality, quantity, or availability of food in the world.
The Food Prize is a $250,000 award formally presented at the Laureate Award Ceremony in mid-October, on or around World Food Day, in conjunction with the Borlaug Dialogue international symposium.
This award will recognize exceptional, science-based achievement in international agriculture and food production by an individual under 40 who has clearly demonstrated intellectual courage, stamina, and determination in the fight to eliminate global hunger and poverty.
The award will honor an individual who is working closely and directly “in the field” or at the production or processing level with farmers, animal herders, fishers or others in rural communities, in any discipline or enterprise across the entire food production, processing, and distribution chain.
World Food Prize Eligibility & Criteria
- Nominees must be under the age of 40
- Nominees must be actively working in the discipline, research area, position, or on the project(s) for which they are being recognized. They may be associated with a public or private educational, research or development organization or related entity.
- Nominees remain eligible for consideration beyond the year of their nomination, at the discretion of the Award Jury, as long as the award criteria and age requirement are met.
- The award is intended to be presented to one person. In unusual and rare circumstances, another person may share the award for pronounced collaborative efforts and achievement.
World Food Prize - Documents Required
- All nominations must be submitted in English online.
- A concise statement (3000-word limit) explaining and describing-
- The nominee’s work and accomplishments, with details and examples that illustrate several of the criteria specified for this award
- How, in doing this work, the nominee reflects the attributes demonstrated by Dr. Borlaug during his early career
- The impact or results of the nominee’s work.
- Nominee’s Curriculum Vitae or resume, including date of birth, country of origin, education, and professional background.
- One (1) nomination letter and two (2) letters of support describing, explaining and emphasizing the main achievements of the nominee must be provided with the nomination. Due to the high volume of nominations, please do not submit more than two support letters.
- Photos: A head shot of the nominee is required (minimum 300 dpi resolution); 2 additional action photos of the nominee at work may also be submitted.
Follow the links below for more details and application contacts.
For more information and scholarship application, visit: World Food Prize
More: Non Profit Awards » Individual Food Awards » International Achievement Awards
African Scholarships »
African Women Scholarships & Grants »
Developing Countries Scholarships »
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Developing Countries »
Fellowship Programs »
Funding Grants for NGOs »
Government Scholarships »
LLM Scholarships »
MBA Scholarships »
PhD and Masters by Research Scholarships »
Public Health Scholarships - MPH Scholarships »
Refugees Scholarships »
Research Grants »
Scholarships and Grants