Response to the Social and Livelihood Needs for HIV/AIDS Prevention in Kenya
UNODC on behalf of the Joint Programme of Support on AIDS aims to provide social and livelihood support to marginalized people that are vulnerable to or living with HIV and AIDS, namely people who use drugs, inmates and those recently released from prisons.
The project will be implemented by six (6) civil society organizations with relevant experience and competencies.
The specific project objective is to enable targeted groups to better access HIV and drug dependence treatment services and to increase the effectiveness of related interventions through provision of low threshold social and support services within the community or prison settings.
1. Trained staff provide basic socio-economic assistance to individuals that are drug-dependent, imprisoned or recently released from prison and at risk of HIV infection or living with HIV.
2. Individuals that are drug dependent, imprisoned or recently released from prison and at risk of HIV infection or living with HIV targeted for socio-economic livelihood services maintain a stable relationship with outreach and drop-in work and comply with treatment activities
3. Individuals that are drug dependent, imprisoned or recently released from prison and at risk of HIV infection or living with AIDS have access to and use improved income-generating opportunities
4. Individuals that are drug dependent, imprisoned or recently released from prison and at risk of HIV infection or living with AIDS targeted for socio-economic livelihood assistance make healthy decisions and behave in a way that does not create risks to others or themselves
5. Basic data is available to serve as evidence for the efficacy of project activities and lessons learned for future sustainable livelihoods projects
For the full Terms of Reference (ToR) and requirements please visit UNDP Kenya’s website: http://www.ke.undp.org/index.php/procurements
The full narrative proposal plus budget and annexes should be submitted electronically to the following email address: eastern.africa [at] unodc.org
The subject of the email should cite your agency name and reference number for this call: RFP/UNODC/SLP-01/2012
The closing date for submission is Tuesday, September 11 2012 at 12.00 midnight Kenya time.
UNODC reserves the right to accept or reject any submissions.
For more UN jobs, jobs in Kenya, or Africa jobs, see:Job Postings