The Electoral Justice Principles Programme Manager
Tiri-Making Integrity Work seeks a Programme Manager for its "Electoral Justice Principles" Programme, funded by the United Nations Democracy Fund (UNDEF).
The programme, to be implemented over a period of 2 years, aims to raise the integrity standards of the electoral processes throughout Africa by addressing the relations between the key electoral justice institutions and their relevance and accessibility to the electorate.
It contributes to political accountability by working on the trustworthiness of key stakeholders and the credibility of electoral decisions.
Tiri seeks a dynamic Programme Manager, responsible for the successful project management, oversight and coordination.
The Programme Manager will report to the Programme Director and will work in close consultation with other relevant Tiri staff.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
The successful candidate shall perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Overall Project Management and Coordination
- Budget preparation and/or revision and cashflow projections.
- Writing grant proposals and funding applications.
- Liaising with programme stakeholders and donors, including the preparation of timely operational and financial project reports.
- A university degree in political science, law studies, social science or a similar field
- Considerable experience in the field of Electoral Management and/or Electoral Dispute Resolution and in project management
- Thorough understanding of integrity challenges and needs in both electoral and justice processes, especially in Africa region, and of relevant stakeholders capabilities
- Excellent networking and coordination skills, ability to work in a team
- Basic computer literacy
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English; knowledge of other languages, especially local languages is an asset
- Ability and willingness to travel
Please send your CV, a covering letter and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title "EJP PM".
Tiri holds a gender equitable approach in the recruitment process.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 15th November.