Senior Technical Advisor for Institutional Capacity Building (STA-ICB)
Jobs in Africa » Jobs Africa » Careers in Africa
The Senior Technical Advisor-Institutional Capacity Building (STA-ICB) will be MSH/LMS Program’s senior expert providing technical assistance (TA) to the West Africa Health Organization (WAHO).
This is a highly visible position that requires establishing and maintaining professional contacts among high-level regional institutions, donors, the private sector, and agencies, as well as the USAID/West Africa project, AWARE II.
1. Coordinate and implement capacity building programs to strengthen the leadership and management capacity of WAHO staff and other health managers in region.
2. Coordinate all activities closely with WAHO decision makers and USAID/West Africa Senior Capacity Development Advisor.
3. Assist WAHO senior managers and in-country focal points, identify opportunities and mechanisms that will improve collaboration and coordination with senior government officials.
4. Provide assistance to strengthen communication, collaboration and coordination between WAHO and Ministries of Health in ECOWAS countries.
5. Assist Ministries of Health in ECOWAS countries in improving planning, monitoring and evaluation, data analysis and reporting on priority health programs in the region.
6. Provide technical assistance to WAHO in the areas of Communications, Resource Mobilization and Marketing.
7. Participate in WAHO internal meetings and site visits.
8. Liaise with USAID and other local and international partners to promote the institutional development of WAHO and its work in the West Africa region.
9. Document and share successes and lessons learned in the format of project reports, publications and presentations at all levels.
Masters’ degree or higher in Public Health, Public Administration, or Business Administration, or other related sector.
Minimum of 15 years of field experience in progressively responsible positions in development programs.
Solid understanding of ECOWAS and West Africa’s economic, political, social and cultural environment.
Ability to use good judgment on sensitive topics.
Proven ability to interact professionally and effectively with senior managers, decision-makers, government officials, public and private donors, USG, and civil society.
Practical and analytical skills necessary to translate data or information into concrete actions.
Excellent oral and written communications skills, and ability to work in a large team and build good working relationship with all stakeholders.
Proficiency in computer use.
Fluent written and oral proficiency in English and French required.
Willingness to locate in Bobo Dioulasso and travel within West Africa up to 50% time.
For more information and application for this position, please see: Technical Advisor
For more: Jobs in Africa » Jobs Africa » Careers in Africa
List includes: NGO Jobs, international jobs, development jobs, relief jobs, international humanitarian jobs, international vacancies, international development, ngo jobs africa, ngo list, jobs vacancies, jobs opportunities, opportunity jobs, international non profit jobs.