The competition will be open to all types of organizations (charitable organizations, private companies, or public entities) from all countries. Entries that are considered;
• Reflect the theme of the competition: Tapping Local Innovation: Unclogging the Water and Sanitation Crisis.
The scope of the competition is to identify innovative solutions around the water and sanitation crises.
Entries are invited from organizations and individuals in all countries.
• Are beyond the stage of idea, concept, or research, and, at a minimum, are at the demonstration stage and indicate success.
While we support new ideas at every stage, and encourage their entry, our judges are only able to evaluate programs that are beyond the conceptual stage, and have demonstrated a proof of impact, even at small scale.
• Complete the entire entry form and submit before the deadline.
• Entries must be submitted in English or in Spanish and be complete.
Competition Deadlines, Procedures, and Rules
The phases in the competition are:
• Entry Stage – January 7 to March 25
• Online Review and Judging – March 26 to April 22,
• Voting – April 23 to May 11,
• Winners Announced – May 12: The finalist who receives the most votes will each receive a cash prize of US $5,000.
For further details, and application materials, contact: Tapping Local Innovation Competition