Sexual and Reproductive Health and HIV & AIDS Specialist, Nairobi
Centre for African Family Studies (CAFS)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing date: 31 Mar
The purpose of this position is to provide technical and managerial leadership and coordination as well as technical inputs in the development and implementation of CAFS training and technical assistance in sexual and reproductive health (SRH), HIV & AIDS, including need assessment, design, delivery and evaluation of training and technical services.
The purpose also includes forging and sustaining linkages with CAFS partners to develop or refine clinic- and community-based service delivery systems and models.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide effective team leadership in planning, conducting and evaluating health and development training in general and SRH and HIV & AIDS training activities in particular
- Lead and provide technical inputs in developing and revising training materials on SRH and HIV & AIDS
- Design, implement and evaluate high quality training courses and technical assistance services on SRH and HIV & AIDS responding to client needs and requirements
- Develop and implement strategies to strengthen SRH and HIV & AIDS programs in local communities as part of joint collaborative efforts with local and international executing and implementing partners
- Provide inputs to development and improvement of systems, procedures and tools to sustain the quality of CAFS training and technical services in general and to SRH and HIV & AIDS in particular.
- Liaise/work with the Business Development Manager to develop and implement plans for country-level promotion and marketing of service delivery training and technical assistance services
Qualification and Experience:
Medical doctor with specialization in preventive and/or community health, nurse/midwife with master degree in public health, or master-level education in other medical and/or social sciences with a master in public health.
Minimum of five years of relevant work experience in at least one SRH and HIV & AIDS service delivery area (FP/RH, HIV prevention, HIV & AIDS community care and support, and ART).
Only applicants who are bilingual or able to work in a second language (English or French) will be considered. All positions require excellent conceptual, analytical and writing skills and computer literacy especially use of research and analytical software.
Also, to be considered applicants must have proven background in training (training need assessment, curriculum development, facilitation, training report writing, etc) and/or technical assistance delivery (consulting).
Human Resources Team,
PO Box 60054, 00200
The application should clearly identify the position applied for and consist of a cover letter summarizing the applicant’s experience and track record in the area of work applied for, with an updated curriculum vitae attached.