Romanian Government Scholarships
International Scholarships » University Scholarships » Academic Scholarship Funds
Romanian Government Scholarships: Romanian State to foreign citizens through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs offers 85 scholarships for international (Non EU) students to study political and administrative sciences, education studies, Romanian culture and civilization, journalism, technical studies, oil and gas, agricultural studies, veterinary medicine, architecture, arts. Requests for other fields will also be taken into account.
The Government Scholarships are Granted for Three Levels of Study
- Licenta - This scheme is dedicated to graduates of high schools or of equivalent pre-university systems, as well as to candidates who require the equivalent of partial studies and the continuation of their studies in Romania. The complete cycle of university studies lasts for 3 to 6 years, according to the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a final examination (licenta).
- Master - This scheme is dedicated to graduates of university/post graduate studies; it lasts for 1.5 to 2 years and ends with a dissertation.
- Doctorate - This scheme is dedicated to the graduates of university/postgraduate studies (i.e. master); it lasts for 3-4 years, in keeping with the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a doctor’s thesis.
Romanian Government Scholarships Provide
- Free-of-charge tuition
- Free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free-of-charge in students hostels, in keeping with the higher education regulations)
- Financial support – a monthly amount representing -
- The equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for the under-graduate students (1st cycle),
- The equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle,
- The equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for post graduate students (doctor’s degree) 3rd cycle.
Romanian Government Scholarship Application - Documents Required
- Cover letter issued by the diplomatic mission
- A dully filled in MAE application form
- MECTS application form
- Authorized copies of the study documents
- Authorized copy and authorized translation of birth certificate.
- Authorized copy of passport.
- Medical certificate
- The candidate’s CV
- 4 recent passport-type photos.
Government Scholarship Eligibility-
Citizens of non EU countries (irrespective of their country of residence).
Priority is given to citizens from non EU states with which Romania does not have cultural and education cooperation agreements.
Foreign citizens of Romanian origin and those belonging to the neighboring historic Romanian communities benefit from other scholarship programmes offered by the Romanian state.
Government Scholarship Application Deadline - 15 February.
For more scholarship information and application, sse; Romanian Government Scholarships
More; International Scholarships » University Scholarships » Academic Scholarship Funds