Regional Finance Coordinator AFSC
Regional Finance Coordinator American Friends Service Committee (AFSC)
The American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) is a non-profit Quaker organization established over 90 years ago working in the US and internationally.
The regional office for Africa program is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The organization includes people of various faiths who are committed to social justice, peace and humanitarian service.
AFSC is seeking a Regional Finance Coordinator.
The successful candidate will have oversight on financial activities, ensuring adherence to accounting standards and compliance with all legal and statutory reporting requirements in all countries where AFSC works.
With supervision and overall guidance by the Regional Director s/he will operate independently to execute agreed plans.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee the preparation of high quality regional financial reports by consolidating country offices accounts.
- Monitor cash flow and budget requests submitted by country offices.
- Ensure all donors funding information and requirements are monitored and reported.
- Implement a system of budgetary controls to aid country programs to monitor expenditure against budgets.
- Facilitate external and internal audits for all countries.
- Prepare and consolidate of annual budgets for all country programs.
- Proactively review and identify any potential issues which would interfere with reporting requirements or meeting compliance standards and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Work with Country Directors and other managers to identify and improve financial and risk management procedures and controls, successfully implementing recommendations for improved performance.
- At least Bachelors’ Degree in accounting or finance; higher degree preferred, with at least 5 years experience in financial management and office administration.
- Must have knowledge of payroll, taxes, audits and public financial acts.
- Proven records of integrity and ability in handling cash.
- S/he should be mature, proactive, with a strong capacity to problem solve and work with minimum supervision.
Starting Date: 1st January
Applications to be presented at AFSC between 9 am and 4 pm,
Whitefield Place Limited,
2nd floor, on School Lane,
Westlands (across from Westlands Primary School)
by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line, please put Regional Finance Coordinator.
Application Deadline: 20th November.