Project Officer - Information and Culture
Closing Date: 1th Sep
Main Duties and Responsibilities: Assist the Editor in editing articles/documents for posting on the website
Monitoring and Moderation of the Discussion Board
Updating and managing the information content of the website by:
- Compiling and regularly updating information on Sudanese community Organizations and societies- local and International including their contacts and what they do.
- Facilitating the information gathering by the Focal points on Social and Cultural Activities, Political Structures and developments, Peace Initiatives, Business developments and any other relevant topics for updating the information on Gurtong website.
Work closely with Editor and web master to coordinate the website content through ensuring:
- Material posted – news articles, home page images - are regularly updated
- Documentation such as reports are inline with Gurtong objectives
- Events calendar is regularly updated with events across the Diaspora and at Home
Use content management systems to analyse website statistics and prepare reports
Identify and develop activities for the Culture program and keep up to date with cultural activities in the Diaspora and at home
Establish contacts and liaise with organizations and individuals involved in arts and cultural activities in Kenya and the Diaspora.
Continuously update the cultural pages of the website with new information whenever necessary.
Establish contacts and liaise with organizations involved in dissemination of information.
Qualifications: A university/college degree or diploma in communications arts & media or related arts such as journalism.
Skills: Commitment to and understanding of Gurtong mission, values and principles.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a team.
Ability to work with and appreciation of people from different cultures
Ability to maintain total confidentiality due to sensitivity of the work
Analytical and problem solving skills
Decision making skills
Effective communications skills : verbal and listening
Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
Very effective organizational skills
At least two year’s work experience in a similar position, particularly in the fields of information and cultural activities.
Language and Communication:
- Excellent verbal and written skills - Fluency in English - (both written and spoken) – English is the main medium of communication in the South Sudan Programme
- Knowledge of some local languages is an added Advantage
To apply send a CV and cover letter with current contacts for three referees not later than 10th September to:
Gurtong Peace Trust
P.O Box 11756-00100
Please quote the job title on the subject line
Drop applications to Gurtong Juba Office, Juba Media Complex Building in Buluk area, near Norwegian Church Aid Office.
For further details, see; Project Officer - Information and Culture - Gurtong Peace Trust Website