REPORTS TO: Alain Joyal, Country Programs Team Leader, LMS
LOCATION: Abuja, Nigeria
DURATION: October - March, with a possible extension
to mission request and available funding
1. Graduate degree in international public health,
international development, public administration, management, social
sciences or a related discipline.
2. Demonstrated leadership and management capacity to oversee
complex USAID funded health programs in developing countries;
3. Nigeria-specific experience preferred; Africa experience
4. Proven ability to effectively monitor and evaluate programs
and provide outstanding internal and external reporting on an
5. Strong management, administrative, supervisory, and
financial management skills.
6. Knowledge of PEPFAR-funded programs and experience managing
relationships with USAID missions preferred.
7. Demonstrated ability to work independently, and to develop a
new project in a dynamic environment.
8. Experience in grants administration preferred.
9. Demonstrated expertise in providing technical support to
strengthen organizations' management and leadership capacity,
institutional systems and processes, and ability to effectively
apply for and manage grants.
10. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications,
teamwork and partnering abilities.
11. Skills leading teams and supervising staff
12. Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office Suite
applications, including Word, Excel, and Access.
13. Fluency in oral and written English required.
14. Willingness to travel within Nigeria regularly, and to MSH
headquarters as required.
Allowances are available for this position.
To apply for this position, please visit the Employment
Opportunities section of our website at Project Director
If you cannot apply online or have difficulty doing
so, please email an explanation of your problem to