CIVICUS is recruiting a successor to the current CSI Project Manager, to take the lead in the redesign and subsequent implementation of the CSI in and beyond.
The position is based at the CIVICUS head office in Johannesburg, South Africa.
For more information on CIVICUS, please visit www.civicus. org
The ideal candidate should have the following skills, experience and knowledge:
- Commitment to CIVICUS' vision, mission and values
- Experience of working in an organisation with multi-country operations
- Proven track record of at least five years in managing social development or social research projects;
- Solid knowledge in the field of applied social research;
- In-depth understanding of civil society and its environment, at the global and national levels;
- Experience in coordinating multi-country projects;
- Experience resource mobilization and managing relationships with donors;
- Substantive knowledge in project monitoring & evaluation;
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- First-rate staff management and leadership skills;
- Strong ability to develop plans and strategies and to work toward their realization and improvement under trying conditions and demanding performance schedules; and
- An advanced degree in an appropriate discipline, preferably development studies or social sciences.
References will be contacted and CIVICUS holds reference reports in the strictest of confidence.
Closing date: 13 April
Preferred start date: 1 June
Candidates should forward above documents and information to: humanresources@ civicus.org
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.