Programme Management Specialist, UNDP - Kenya
Kenya (possible relocation to Somalia)
Closing date: 06 July
a) Corporate Competencies:
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN's values and ethnical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race , nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
b) Functional competencies:
- Good broad knowledge and understanding of Governance issues, with specialist expertise in the area of Public Administration and Capacity building in post-conflict settings. Other specialist expertise in Governance an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of UNDP programming cycles and procedures.
- Ability to lead and coordinate project formulation, oversight of implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and deliver tasks on time, with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation, including Prince2
- Outstanding coordination skills, with ability to handle multiple activities concurrently, work under pressure, and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, with fluency in written and spoken English with excellent drafting skills.
- High level of computer literacy (knowledge of Atlas an asset)
- Seeks and applies knowledge, information and best practices from within and outside UNDP
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Ability to participate effectively in a team based, information sharing environment
- Good diplomatic and negotiating skills
- Master's Degree or equivalent in International Relations, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences or related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, progressive experience in international development programmes, preferable in post conflict or emergency settings.
- Experience in project and programme management, including project formulation and implementation in conflict and post conflict environments.
- Knowledge of and experience in Somalia an asset.
- Previous experience with UNDP preferred.
c) Language Requirements:
Strong written and spoken English skills. Knowledge of Somali an asset.
This vacancy announcement is also available on http://www.undp.org/ or http://jobs.undp.org/
Please send your curriculum vitae, marked “Governance – Programme Management Specialist” by 6 July to:
The Deputy Country Director (Operations),
United Nations Development Programme - Somalia,
P.O. Box 28832, Nairobi, Kenya,
Fax: 254-2 4183641,
UNDP will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.