Last Date: June 25th
The position requires a Master’s degree in International Development/Relations or related field and at least 5 years of experience in program design and implementation, Donor liaison and fund-raising, preferably in Africa.
In addition, the candidate must have;
• Proven ability in program identification and planning
• Experience in designing and writing programs and proposals that are needs driven and address community emergency and development needs
• Must have successful program development experience and understanding of USG grant and contract regulations
• proven knowledge and ability to provide foreign and US Government grant oversight
• Understands operational budgeting to support proposal design and program activities
• Knowledge of USAID and Institutional Donor policies and procedures related to strategies, project development, implementation, and impact evaluation
• Experience-based knowledge of development and the implementation of USAID development and assistance programs
• Successful past relations with international donors is critical
• Excellent English writing skills
• Must possess highly developed organizational skills, NGO experience and knowledge of developing countries especially Horn, East and Central African regions preferred.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The United Methodist Committee on Relief, NGO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit your cover letter (notes) and resume through our website at http://jobs-umcor.icims.com/umcor_jobs/jobs/candidate/job.jsp?jobid=1149&mode=view or fax to 212-870-3508.
No telephone inquiries please.